1st build.

GoldenMotor.com

NINETOE

Mar 12, 2015
MN
Well after gathering some basic parts Im going to start a btr build. The frame pieces came from an old schwinn style girls bike and tires from a mountain bike. Plan on the fire extinguisher as a tank with a rounded dome from a motorcycle oil tank kit welded on to round out the front. 1st try so goin the cheap route and keep my mistakes to a minimum $ LOL !!!

Last edited:

NINETOE

Mar 12, 2015
MN
An early 70s briggs 3 hp . Gonna drill and tap the shaft tonight as it was set up for a pulley. NT carb.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Looks good so far, love the old Briggs builds. We're bouts in Mn? Brainerd here,welcome aboard ...........Curt

NINETOE

Mar 12, 2015
MN
In lindstrom , 40 min north of st paul . I drilled and tapped the shaft last night . First time for me but went smooth thanks to u tube LOL .. Gonna drop of the fire extinguisher to the ( good ) welder as Im more of a grinder with the unit I have at this time. I need to up grade to mig with gas instead of the harbor freight special.

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yep that's the first thing i did right off the bat was buy a SP100 with gas, now mine is getting obsolete,as can't get the small head anymore,will have to change the hole head.

I made a tap guide to drill and tap 3/4" shafts,you did a good job,and that engine look nice. are you going to go with the covers or shave the fins?

NINETOE

Mar 12, 2015
MN
I may shave the fly wheel fins and convert the recoil to the old school rope wrap but Ill have to figure out if that will mount up without too much alteration ?

NINETOE

Mar 12, 2015
MN
Drilled a hole through the peddle crank housing to run the frame through wich gave it a little different shape. With the aid of a couple brooms and extinguisher, I got a general idea so far .

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Wow that's looking good,going to be nice build.............Curt

Your engine has to flipped over to be right rotation

Last edited:

NINETOE

Mar 12, 2015
MN
Well I got the fire extinguisher tank back from the real welder LOL ! I think it turned out good , other than I should have used a smaller filler stem and cap ? Ill get the lower cross bar in this weekend and maybe a motor mount as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Good work! I think you Minnesota guys should take a day and have a gathering. No tellin' what might come of it.
Dan

NINETOE

Mar 12, 2015
MN
Lower bar in place now I need to clean up welds and add gussets for xtra strength as my cheap welder just doesnt penetrate the tube enough .

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Signing on to your build thread and want to extend my welcome to the forum. I'm from up Ely way at Eagles Nest Lakes near Bear Head State Park. If you ever get in my part of the world it would be fun to get together for a bike ride in the lake country.

Your bike is coming right along!
SB

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Thanks for sharing a fun build!

So do you really have 9 toes? Reminds me of a old farmer joke... "- )

-Mr. B.
Reminds me of a dim witted girlfriend my brother had some years ago. She was staying at his cabin for the first time and he confided in her that his little brother didn't have all of his toes on one foot. She found that to be a sad thing and one day as we were walking to the lake she commented to me that I walk very well. I was already aware that this lady was not bright, but couldn't figure what led to the comment. I told her "thanks, you too". Once at the dock and with shoes off she kept staring at my feet, apparently trying to get an accurate count. She was confused as there were five toes per foot as standard issue. My brother was watching and laughed... "well, I said his toes weren't all on one foot."
SB

NINETOE

Mar 12, 2015
MN
I have a cabin on upper red in Waskish . Havnt been to Ely in some time .

Its just a nick name someone gave me , but there was a real 9-toe Joe LOL .

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I'm sure glad both you & Silverbear have all your toes! Welcome to the forum... you have a nice build started. Rick C.