Motor Does Not Run Properly

GoldenMotor.com

julio7774

Jul 2, 2013
Puerto rico
Motor Does Not Run Properly
I have this Kit and I allready 4 run tanks on it and change the NT carb for a Speed one but I still not get it to run well yet. I live in Puerto Rico my to temperature in Between 70 to 90 and I run a B7HS spark plug on it. my problem is that if I get it to run with out gogling on high then on low as soon as you take the throtle off the bike start jerking if is running good on low (not jerking when throtle is off) then on high star googling (googling= when looks like running low on fuel) I have try difrent needlee settings but I can't get it to work my last thinking is that the intake manifold is too long but I don't now if any one have this before and can help let me now
:-||

Attachments

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Re: Motro Does Not Run Properly

Sounds like maybe running way rich possibly..... not sure what you mean by "googling" make sure entire drive train is not getting on a bind anywhere and if tjat is all good then I say try moving clip on metering needle up one notch and see if the low to mid range of the engine improves, if it does then you will need to likely reduce main jet size and possibly move clip up one more notch.

Make sure also that all gaskets are in good condition and that you dont have an air leak somewhere.... very important on 2 strokes that all gaskets seal very good..

Map

julio7774

Jul 2, 2013
Puerto rico

Sounds like maybe running way rich possibly..... not sure what you mean by "googling" make sure entire drive train is not getting on a bind anywhere and if tjat is all good then I say try moving clip on metering needle up one notch and see if the low to mid range of the engine improves, if it does then you will need to likely reduce main jet size and possibly move clip up one more notch.

Make sure also that all gaskets are in good condition and that you dont have an air leak somewhere.... very important on 2 strokes that all gaskets seal very good..

Map
I have try all the positions on the needle on factory no drilling yet

All gskets perfect

No air leaks tested with carb & choke cleaner

Googling= when I let the throtle go the bike start jumping back and foward like a when you use a chipping hammer

the only thing diferent from my intake to the every one around here is the distance everybody have the short one I have the long one that comes with this kit

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Is your clutch set properly so that it is disingaging when you pull the lever into handlebar on bike?

The clutch on the chine 2 stroke engine is mechanical and must be pulled in when slowing below 7-8mph
Just trying to figure out what it is thats happening when you let off throttle, maybe im not following you perfectly here but Ill bet we can get it figured out.

Map

julio7774

Jul 2, 2013
Puerto rico

Is your clutch set properly so that it is disingaging when you pull the lever into handlebar on bike?

The clutch on the chine 2 stroke engine is mechanical and must be pulled in when slowing below 7-8mph
Just trying to figure out what it is thats happening when you let off throttle, maybe im not following you perfectly here but Ill bet we can get it figured out.

Map
Yes is doing this when is about that speed i was doind that to not get the jumping but rigth now is getting better with the coke tab piece thank you for your help
We took the needle clip put it in the second from top and took a coke can opened and took the open tab removed and the little piece that stay in the can took it and placed before we instal the needle and mounted back and it start running better looks like the setting is in beetween on that

THANKS a LOT Iwill keep posting my progress
dance1 .wee. .shft.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

If you have a way to take some pictures of your bike and post then here on forum that might help also, im starting to think about a possible clutch adjustment issue here but of coarse not sure.

Does engine run good at cruise speed going down road once you get the bike started?

When you slow down are you pulling in clutch so that engine can idle freely without have a load on it?

Just need to know exactly how you are riding to help eliminate things as we go here.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

I'm thinking clutch cable adjustment but it could also be that you are trying to ride too slow with the clutch engaged. Anything below about 10 miles per hour and you might feel some jerking or jumping. If you ride very slow try disengaging the clutch by squeezing the handlebar lever and pedaling the bike instead of using the engine.
I think you'll find it will be smoother.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

I'm thinking clutch cable adjustment but it could also be that you are trying to ride too slow with the clutch engaged. Anything below about 10 miles per hour and you might feel some jerking or jumping. If you ride very slow try disengaging the clutch by squeezing the handlebar lever and pedaling the bike instead of using the engine.
I think you'll find it will be smoother.

Tom
Im thinking same thing Tom.

julio7774

Jul 2, 2013
Puerto rico

At cruise speed the bike runs great all my problem is when I go really slow ann you guys has told me that clutch have yo be disengage for low speed, here is a couple of picks.
Tom thats the way I was running you are rigth on target

julio7774

Jul 2, 2013
Puerto rico

At cruise speed the bike runs great all my problem is when I go really slow ann you guys has told me that clutch have yo be disengage for low speed, here is a couple of picks.
Tom thats the way I was running you are rigth on target
Pictures dont want to load

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Glad we could help, Julio.
The forum software prevents new members with less that a certain number of posts from uploading pictures.
You have the minimum post count now so your photos should load.
Try again because we always enjoy seeing what others have built.
Good luck, have fun and ride safe.

I used to fly in to see some friends in Ponce. Don't know if they still live there, it's been a few years.

Tom