Wheel locked up

GoldenMotor.com

omar

Jun 29, 2013
United States
Hi, I have everything done on my bike, but the wheel won't move unless the spark plug is out. My engine is a 66cc Grubee Skyhawk Gt5 if that helps

:-||

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I assume that you've got the clutch lever pulled in and the clutch is adjusted correctly?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The clutches of these engines are usually a little frozen from sitting in a box for several months... Pull the clutch lever 'in' & use some force to roll the bike back & forth to try to break loose the stuck clutch pads. ;)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The clutches of these engines are usually a little frozen from sitting in a box for several months... Pull the clutch lever 'in' & use some force to roll the bike back & forth to try to break loose the stuck clutch pads. ;)
And throw the kit instructions in the trash and adjust your clutch cable so there is little to no slack when the handlebar lever is in the engaged (unsqueezed) position. My guess is either, as Norm said, the clutch pads are stuck or the clutch cable isn't tight enough. A loose clutch cable is a common problem with first time builders.
If you've installed the small diameter spring on the clutch cable, as per the instructions, remove and discard it. It serves no purpose except to make the clutch harder to pull and adjust correctly.

Tom