Insane???

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas

Ditchrider

Jun 25, 2011
California
Hey Dirt, my 2 cents ,on the next build maybe streach the frame about a foot, relocate the pedals , put the motor low and in the center of the bike then run a belt with a x twist to a pulley-roller thing and drive the wheel just below the seat post. I never did have any luck runing one of those engine without the lawn mower blade on it. To help the engine run at a slower speed you should change the timing back about 1 inch, sounds like a pain in the butt to do. Pull the flywheel and watch the top dead center and then look to see where the magnet is. I didn't think the starter rope handle would go between my fingers but think it did. On the older Brigs engines you could loose the aluminum flywheel and get one from a horizonal engine that was made out of pot metal.

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas
Well, this will definitely be a project for the future, when time and money allow for it to be done right.

Thanks for all the feedback on the idea. I'm really liking this place!

brnot

Ditchrider

Jun 25, 2011
California
Hey Dirt, TGISunday. It was a good idea, well a idea anyhow, my neighbor gave me a engine just like yours but I haven't tried to run it. The grandson and I started a mb project last spring but it got put on hold because of all the honey do jobs. We are making a adjustable frame with a motor in mind. For the front half we copied the OC Chopper but for the back everything including the seat post can be moved forward or back and the bottom tube can be dropped down. The seat, front neck, down tube, top tube ,pedals and angle of the front neck all stay in the same location but everything connecting them can be moved around. We ruined the first frame by welding it with stainless steel (lots of big holes). Some lawn mowers have a angle gear box that might work, I have a Treadmill electric motor that runs ok on 30 volts but its really long, wish I could mount it longways on the bike with a angle gear box. Don't give up on putting something on a bike, its something that you will never forget. The first m bike that I ever rode was one that I made myself over 50 years ago.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Well, this will definitely be a project for the future, when time and money allow for it to be done right.
Good decision I think ;-}

If you want something nimble for off-road yet be able to scoot you around at good clip on the road, Jackshaft a good mountain bike like a Giant with a 66cc.
This Giant Roam is a pretty hefty bike with all the goodies for ~$500.

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas
I've got an old Schwinn Frontier from the late 80's or early 90's that I will be putting a 66cc China Girl engine in as soon as my order from SBP comes in.

I have been thinking about building some of these to sell on the side. I think it would be a lot of fun.

Hopefully more people will start riding them here in TX. Maybe then they will clarify the laws and include gas bicycles with electric bikes.

I am going to try to get as many converts as I can!

r.ly.