Keg/barrel style tank in Australia?

GoldenMotor.com

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
Hey all,
I've been combing the web for an underseat tank like I've seen in these forums by sportsman flyer or venice's.
Anyone know where I might get my hands on something similar in Australia?
Stainless, ally -I'm not fussed. I want to keep costs down, but don't really want to use the standard tank on my current build.

FMB42

Sep 27, 2013
Idaho
You might want to look at some of the HD aftermarket vendors. I know that I've seen small keg style "remote" fuel tanks on builds with minimal or phony "over-the-engine" tank designs. The problem is that they're not cheap (and neither are the kegs sold over here).

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
Not cheap - yeah I'm finding that. Reckon I'm starting to work myself up to accepting that cost. I don't think it's vanity, but if I'm going to put the effort into this build I want to be happy with it.
By the way, I'm still working on my forum acronyms: HD? Pretty sure I'll kick myself when told.

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
do you mean a keg tank like my one??

find a cap and neck on ebay or off an old tank and solder.

as the metal was too thin to weld on the mini keg. I soldered everything and still going strong.

just not too dent resistant.

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
G'day, I've just had a look over your bike, and can see hours of love in it. Top stuff mate.
Alas, I'm finding my vain streak, in that I want a nice neat shiny hot-rod style like those that sportsman flyer do, or Venice bikes.
I might still do some home fab work if I come across the right vessel though, so thanks for the tip.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
You guys on that side of the pond better buy up what you can before y'all get put out of the motorbike business over there, I hear they're trying to put the hurt on the bikes with engines over there with people calling for them to be tightly regulated or banned all together........

Map

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
Yeah been hearing that for a while. We're getting choked up with traffic but these bikes don't seem to have been recognized as an alternate transport. Fair enough there needs to be rules, I just hope they keep taking their time on that crack-down.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
ghetto bikes has been producing the tanks for venice and jake customs for a while

look into a welding shop near you to produce such a tank --it should not be much more than the cost of your materials and 50 bucks!!!

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra

here is an idea for ya. plenty on ebay.

brass tank, tick
old crappy fuel petcock and cap seal, tick

a gleam looking tank after being polished, tick