Buba's World

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
A while back I offered to help Buba post some of his pictures. He had been talking about frames he's chopped up and made into something for a motorbike and also has plans for producing a gas tank which I believe would be kind of universal. So I offered to help.

Anyway he sent me two discs of pictures. I'll post some from the first disc which has forty or so and I'm still scratching my head over the second disc which if I remember right has 696 pictures on it. I got worn out and a headache just looking at them all. Don't know how ambitious I'll be about that. I would suggest that Buba take a crash course in posting photos. People here will help anyone who doesn't know how and there's no shame in not knowing.

I don't know what to say about the pictures, when he is the one to offer pertinent commentary. I would be guessing and will pretty much refrain from that. I have the impression that he would like for me to write about the photos, but I'm no mind reader and have no desire to be an amateur publisher, editor or somebody's private secretary. Perhaps he will weigh in.

Anyway, welcome to Buba's World...
SB

Attachments

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
silverbear

you are the greatest!!!!

thank you so much--writing to you from blustery Antwerpen, Belgium

the photos are pretty much self explanatory and i tried by placing various engines infront of some of the frames let those interest know these frames can certainly handle such engines

the other multi pictured disk has shots of things chopped my piles of materials and other assorted bike related shots the gmc truck i posted about my front yard now cleared of said tools and materials ----anything of interest??? post if you would be so kind and if just clutter well thank you once again...

Today Saturday i had my very first formal welding class primarily for those interested in heavy durty industrial welding of all types 8 great guys

nicest teacher Wilfried -- 25 years major ship building experience in the haven-harbor of antwerp the second largest in Europe second to Rotterdam in neighboring Holland who said i could certainly bring whatever to the saturday early morning class and do whatever projects i wanted totally cool wikll assist however he ca

spent 4 hours with a heavy duty stick welder mesmerized by the spark and the moltened metal and tries to get the speed the angle of the rod and the 2mm height off the puddle thing coordinated after burnijng up around 45 sticks on the 3/8 inch 6X6 practice piece i was sort of getting the hang of it!!???

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'll do a few more photos this evening or middle of the night. If you want to comment on something I'll continue to use page numbers as a reference. Same goes for anyone wanting to ask questions... use the page numbers as reference so that Buba can explain.
SB

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Buba has created some post-apocalyptic, masterpieces of abstract modern art, I must say. LOL

I'm just not sure if a motor should be attached to them or not.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
thank you once again silverbear

i am not gun shy so any pictures of my 62 year old self you think may be of interest--go for it

well lawn chairs venice??
metal is metal and heavy duty metal is metal and any metal that will do the job is metal that will do the job and then some

if silverbear should post some of the pieces laid out on the ground and any of my stockpile of metal pieces you will certainly get a better idea of some component pieces origination
i know the sturdiest of the frames pictured so far has the heavy duty track of an overhead garage door for the rear stays not the typical gauge --heavy duty!!!

one of my favorite very common scrap yard finds are these kitchem chairs that have the bend in them and can be spread a bit more without deformings they make pretty good drop loops with the inner backrest piece when removed forming a perfect u for rear stays as well !!!

whatever it takes when i have not build my idea for a tube bender yet using a car wheel hub and various drums and rotors for mandrels!!!

mike they will work --will continue those silverbear was so nice to have posted for me and the others he has not upon my return to usa and make more proof of concept to completion and ride!!!!!

for now chopping /building away on my stock pile of bikes here and scrouging what i can from a local guy Pol -paul with a scrap yard later today i should be able to dig out a very solid 14 gauge chrome plated store clothes rack measured 1 inch diameter for lay back seat posts and more also has 4 aluminum cast wheels for a honda camino scrap price!!!

bought for 1 euro at an antique auction here yesterday the three uprights for a park bench-- fabricated from steel not cast--have some pretty sexy curves in the arm rests --thick 3/8 inch

also gathering materials to continue with my gas tank enterprise
confering with dirk to decide if there is a potential to do what ccc has done with richard kraemers like/frames for europe
each country here is more difficult to legalize but at this time i do not think is entirely impossible

any of you other non usa followers have some insight???? ludwig??? or ????

i want to do quite a few frames for pedal around here as well -- there is a pretty established chopper bike scene www.sinnertowncruisers.com but more for the general publics reaction!!!

this sunday is a brommer--moped beurs-swap meet in westerbeke i am hoping my friend dirk 5 previously with robby put 2600 euros of parts and machining into a 50cm and ran that thing in races up to 150 kph

i liken robby to headtrauma or dave rust he and many here are on top of the small engines maxed out like rocket ships!!! such racing of small cm engines has been going on here for many many years belgium was home to over 250 motoren-- motorcycle factories/brands---

will pick me up otherwise it is impossible to get to by public transportation especially on a sunday when most transportation shuts down

rick rides are you out there???
many european engines may be of interest to you????? i have villers- claeys- comet -flandria- sachs- kreidler -zundapp-honda camino- bronco -puch- tomos -peugot -motobecane to name a few very available

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
weld in any one of the 30 or so bmx dropouts i have in la or any other quater to three eights inch i fab up

spacing and clearance is there--- no sweat!!! i made sure
even take as wide of a tire as one may desire!!!

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
dang silverbear you are burning the midnight oil as well???
photo is just a small sampling of how my front yard was looking for about a month - loved having the space and found that cutting things with my various grinders big and small worked well where the blade could dig into the dirt!!!

think my neighbors were patient??? although my wife thought she spotted a building and safety inspector taking photos--never got an order and a bill that comes with it 365 dollars and if not done in 15 days goes to around 700 and then if not done in 10-15 days 2000 thousand bucks and court etc...

once spent a week in a model jail in boulder colorado for not having cleared about ten vehicles from vacant land i owned in north boulder within the judge´s timeframe snow and my busted old international tow truck with a geared hand crank for lifting !!! got it done about 6 weeks late
judge was a real pr;;;

you would think the politicos of california could come up with some more intelligent ways to build the state back to what it once was and more

thanks

Last edited: