My new trailer and other upgrades

GoldenMotor.com

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
So Winter time here in Michigan is not a great time to be riding. So I spent the winter doing lots of reading on this forum , and ordering parts. The nice part is there is really no hurry on the parts because I can't really use them yet..so I can pick the cheapest shipping option. This winter I chose to upgrade the seat which is an avenir classic , which I finally got to use today...I LOVE IT. Went with new mirrors , mechanical speedo , generator lights...as well as LED lights. Got a nice front rack , new tires , and a trailer. Also ordered a china girl kit, which I dont really need (but I will eventually) so thats sitten in the basement. I'm probably forgetting some stuff too.LOL The best part is I'm still married..LMAO.

Attachments

jimmymc2286

Nov 26, 2012
Indiana
Nice rig. I like the trailer. Thinking about building one to pull behind my Worksman 79cc. Would mind posting a picture of your hitch?

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Pretty cool, Mannhouse, I've been eying that trailer on eBay for a few weeks. Might get one, myself. Hauling heavy stuff in rack baskets sure messes up the balance!

I have had the same front rack as you for nearly 6 years now, I've found it to not be very useful for anything but holding headlights lol

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
I like the trailer so far. It was on amazon for 99 bucks with free shipping a couple months ago...so I figured i'd try it. Welds look ok....not too sure about the wheels yet. Time will tell. I'm planning to put a rubbermaid plastic tub on it..to hold groceries or whatever. I'm thinkin about mounting an ammo box on that front rack for tools and stuff. We'll see how it looks. LOL , it may be useless too.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
try a i wanna say a 40mm ammo can may be the 20mm one any way their huge and you easily convert them to lock up i did that to my trailer great for leaveing tools and valuables in when you go on long trips

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I have a front rack like that, I use it to support the basket I have on there. The basket itself is turned sideways from the way it was intended to be mounted to create a narrower profile. Instead of hanging it from the handlebars, it rests on the rack and the hanger brackets for the bars were relocated to around the handlebar stem. A few cable ties secure it to the supporting rack. I don't have a really good pic right this sec, but this should give you an idea.

Basket Mount 01.jpg

I have an old set of carriers that used to be on the back rack that could hang on there too, if I thought I needed them or if I was planning to take a long trip. Most of the time the basket on the front holds my lunch bag when I'm going to/from work, the thermos goes in a carrier bag on the back.