Fishing pole mount

GoldenMotor.com

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
http://www.amazon.com/Lehigh-Group-SS28-6-Broom-Clips/dp/B000BQWVQ4

bolted onto my ammo can saddle bags clamp so tight to the fishing pole not even remotely worried about it falling off thought id spread the idea around

(idea came from toyota forum you can use the same mounts to hold maglights the mini led type you can get biger ones for larger lights of course )

they sell these at ace hardware

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
EXCELLENT, AF!

I must do that soon!
It's gonna take me a bank loan to get a Kalifornia license, though... $45
That's a lot of motorized bicycle parts! ...or mix gas.

And I got that 1 big hill between me and the ocean.
I think it might be real tough on a chinagirl...

Well, will you post pics of the ones that did NOT get away?

:)
rc

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Great idea AF! I am from the old school of "if it can come loose it will" A strip of velcro mounted under the mounts so it can come around and attatch to itself might add some peace of mind. Just a thought.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Cool idea, Andrew. Now you've got to find a way to add an ice chest for what you catch. Wouldn't want a stringer hanging from your handlebars :)
Tom

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

it was about 15 miles to the fishing place i go to and Colorado springs trails down this way are all gravel so that being said its a little rough pole held up well did use some 550 cord looped it through the mount around the pole(someone got me all paranoid CANNONBALL) .

fishing pole didn't even come close to coming loose.

does take a little more work to hop on the bike now have to lean it to one side then put your leg over .

since its only a 30 40 minute ride to the fishing spot i just put them in the ammo can with a frozen water bottle inside a bag fish stayed nice and cold any longer of a ride or a biger fish and i would have to hall the trailer along with me and the ice chest on it .

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
How come I never catch anything like that when I go fishing in Colorado? I used to live in Florida and when I went fishing, I caught fish. Here, I sit all day and catch, bait.
I want to go fishing with you.

Tom

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
How come I never catch anything like that when I go fishing in Colorado? I used to live in Florida and when I went fishing, I caught fish. Here, I sit all day and catch, bait.
I want to go fishing with you.

Tom
May be Colorado fish don't like you.

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Trout on the MB! Get out! Your my new hero! I lived in C.S in the 80's and still dream about fishing the Platte at 11 mile Canyon. Good for you enjoying two of life's greatest simple pleasures at the same time. You have brought me inspiration for fly rod scabbard on my mb. I imagine you need a substantial size sprocket in your part of the country? Tight Lines Andrew