24 x3.0 True Heavy Duty Tube?

GoldenMotor.com

rgvkid

Sep 21, 2008
Los Angeles,CA
So This got a little confusing. Which tube did you end up using and was it for the original 24x3 tires?

This is the Tube you went with correct? 87-5955 tube 70/100 -19

Im having tough luck finding a tube for my 24x3's but it sounds like you found the answer.
My friend owns a Motorcycle shop. Maybe i can see if he has a tube to match those dimensions if thats what fits the 24x3

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I never found a tube I truly liked I eventually went to LargeMarge rims. The bigger rim made the 24X3.0 tires look the bomb! I found a tube that fit form and funtion quite well!! It was a Metzeler motocrycle tube. Metzeler ME-E 19 M/C They are 4.10-19 which fit the extra large girth of my rims and tires perfectly. I am very pleased with this currant set up!

The other tube I used last on a run of the mill skinny rim was not a perfect fit as the tube had to stretch a bit to fit the tire. It may proove well for you to simply run a old tube as a liner. Most tubes will have a seam that can be traced right down the inside center of the tube with a razer blade. I usually when I did this would wipe that old gutted tube down clean so it could act more like a full time patch and seal.. Then wrap it over the good tube . Last I would stil use my Slime

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Goat,
Make sure the inner tube is for a 24x3.0 tire. At the last Grange race, I popped my rear tire's inner tube because it was only made for a 2.5 max tire. It actually slashed the inner tube. Let me know if you find a thorn proof 24x3.0 inner tube.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I really think you will like that Metzeler tube with your LargeMarge rims. There is no stretching and the tube walls are pretty thick. With no streatching that will keep that thickness too. Try one of those! Lemme know what ya think? This tube is heavy duty. Here is a place to get them.. I got mine from Bike Bandit. http://www.faymyersparts.com/Metzel...80-to-13080-10090-11090-0612610_p_247831.html Part number 110-6516

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
The 87-5955 tube 70/100 -19 http://www.speedsupplies.com/accessorylistingdetailpurch.asp?item=20699 ''heavy duty tube'' That I had previuoslyu used was a freaky ''thick'' walled tube. Prolly the only reason it never blew out? As it had to streatch alot to fill the void space of the tire. Although I never was perfectly happy with that it did last me quite awhile. I cannot say they were truly right.

The Halo tubes cannot be purchased here in the states. I guess they were a great tube dunno? Nobody seams to have any intention of stocking them here or making them available here in the states go figure huh? I did look into this pretty hard back then.

So far now my search is over.. I am happy with my LM combo set up now. They fit my bike perfect.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
OK GH,

Ur having too much fun!

Is it abt time u post some handlebar vid of a typical short jaunt?

:)

...I'm having minor mounting and chain probs with the new re-build for my kid.

Did you say you have never had a problem with KMC 715H chain on your morinimonster?

I've got 5 chains here, all 2nd hand, used, and don't like a single one of them... If u confirm that kmc 715H , I'm just gonna have to break down and let some moths out of the old wallet and get one.

tnx
rc

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Ha Ha we are both doing typos lol. I got a new comp here got to install firefox in it. There spell check rocks! Thats 415 KMC HD. That chain has been rock solid on my Morini bike.