engine problem...

GoldenMotor.com

mechin

Dec 27, 2011
virginia
i just bought an anglefire flying horse 66cc from "bikeberry" i put it on an old murray cruiser and got the bike tuned up it got home and i tried to start i have oxygen compression fuel and i have a voltage reading but no spark??? what could this be thanks in advance... :-||

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Explain "voltage reading". To test for spark you'll need to remove the plug, reattach the lead then lay the plug against the cylinder head while rotating the rear wheel.
How did you confirm the other two things, fuel and air?
Tom

mechin

Dec 27, 2011
virginia
i put a voltage reader into the blue and black wires out of the engine and turned the back wheel and got a reading i borrowed a friends cdi and it was working for sure it did not produce spark even with a tester plug i have fuel going in because i pulled off the card and some dripped a little bit and i put my hand over the air filter while i was peddaling on the road with the clutch off and felt suction on my hand

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Depends...on how its wired, could be a bad connection. I don't use the bike frame to ground anything, no need to. All my builds have new wires (both Blue and Black) soldered, and heat shrink, don't use any connectors.

You can make a coil voltage tester very cheap.

One lead goes to Blue, the other to Black.. doesn't matter which one goes where. Remove wires from CDI, remove spark plug, spin crankshaft with a drill or ratchet. It won't take much.

Last edited: