Made a fuel line out of a beer helment

GoldenMotor.com

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
I think it was pretty smart idea or was it? It's way tighter then the kit black fuel line and has no leaks and it's clear which is sort of neat.

Any thoughts?

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
I would be very cautious of that. I don't imagine a beer helmet tube to be of the highest quality, and the gas might start to eat away at the tube. It's cheap enough to just buy proper fuel tubing...

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
Anyways, I was tuning my carb and I got it to a point where it goes about 20. I don't really want to go any faster then that...I have one of those new performance carbs that people are trying to fix to go faster due to bonging issues but...I'm sort of happy with my speed any faster and as slow as my reflexes are my face will turn to pizza.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Usually those beer helmets use cheap vinyl tubing. Gasoline will react with it and it will get hard as a rock and eventually yellow.
It is best to get yourself some real gasoline resistant tubing.
Once that vinyl turns hard it is a royal PITA to pull it off of the hose barbs on the petcock and carb inlet.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Purty cool HackSaw.

The cheap lines really do get hard and nasty.

LOL, that would make a great tank cover. The helmet with 2 cans with a 3way below. The 2 upper tubes as vents. Might get ya pulled over though. (but would be worth it for the laugh!)

Har, send a pic to Anheuser-Busch. They love that stuff and might send ya a 6pk.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Or, you could get some real fuel line and two beer can sized containers to fit your helmet. Now you've got a reserve fuel supply :)
Tom

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Anyways, I was tuning my carb and I got it to a point where it goes about 20. I don't really want to go any faster then that...I have one of those new performance carbs that people are trying to fix to go faster due to bonging issues but...I'm sort of happy with my speed any faster and as slow as my reflexes are my face will turn to pizza.
That poor bike. First you hook up the hose from a beer helmet. Now you've worked her up to a bong (and she has issues with it). Then you're going to try speed? I hope you consider rehab for her if it doesn't work out.
laff

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
Lol, My my cns carb works perfectly. I just fined tuned it and I can go to top speed without any bogging what so ever anymore. I guess I'm one of those lucky ones that don't need to jet out their carbs...and other stuff. On the beer helmet fuel line at the moment it's working perfectly, no yellowing or getting hard and I've been driving my bike for 20 miles each day back and forth to work.