Aluminum Frame

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
What do you think of this aluminum frame for a build?

Wonder if I could stuff a 4-stroke into that tiny space? I'm thinkin it's worth a try.....any thoughts?

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
from what i've gleaned in my short time on the website and everyone's pictures, a 4 stroke is a relatively large motor (width wise)....you'd either have to chop some of that seat tube out to make it fit, and then get a wide crank shaft, plus all the issues of alignment and all that.....not saying it cant be done, but will take some engineering....good luck to you and your ambitious goal.

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca
that looks like the GT cruiser - i was going to get that but i didn't due to mounting issues that might come up. Get the felt aluminum cruiser if you can. Mounting hardware is available online for the felt aluminum cruiser and its freakin nice too..

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
that looks like the GT cruiser - i was going to get that but i didn't due to mounting issues that might come up. Get the felt aluminum cruiser if you can. Mounting hardware is available online for the felt aluminum cruiser and its freakin nice too..
Mounting issues are what I live for.....every builds got em! I like a little challenge and the rewards that come from them keep ya going.

I fore see plenty of felt builds coming up in my future, and I do love the felts, but how many of these will I run accross in my life to come? Not as many for sure. And if this isn't my next build, it's almost certain that it will be a felt.

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca
i like it scotto - nice bike - build that thing up and don't forget to send some pics. Don't cut or drill to many holes in that aluminum though - i'm sure you know that....

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
i like it scotto - nice bike - build that thing up and don't forget to send some pics. Don't cut or drill to many holes in that aluminum though - i'm sure you know that....
I don't know.....that big aluminum plate welded between the seat stays is begging for holes.....large holes.laff

Don't worry, I'm never short on posting pics hererotfl I over pic if anything:D