greatings from Ft. Liquordale

GoldenMotor.com

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
hello everyone,
my name is BECK, I hail from Ft. Liquordale, tattoo artist by trade, new m'biking obsession brewing!
am looking to do a kustom bobber build! anyone know anything about classic Schwinn style frame tanks that could be used, converted or welded straight to the frame, instead of the bolt on standard?
thanx in advance!
BECK

Last edited:

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Welcome333,
Never did a in frame tank, I'm sure you'll get suggestions from folks that have. Good to have you on board!

Mac

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. The Harley Sportster teardrop tanks are popular and don't cost much at the motorcycle swap meets. They provide limited range on a Sportster, but great range for a motorized bicycle.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
yeah, not what i was going for, but thanx!
there was actualy a thread i forgot to do that connective whatchacallit to link my question to something i'd found elsewhere...
BLAH... the old style Schwinn bicycles had bolt on faux-tanks which were usually very fancy artdeco-y things of beauty which i was looking to braze together or-? to form a viable &hopefully lasting functional tank...

there you go, cats outta the bag now- but i was stuck, &if i cant do it- I'll live vicariously!

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Many folks in the "Boardtracker" thhread do what your lookin to do, tedious job at best, but the results are usually fantastic

Mac