for better or for worse???

GoldenMotor.com

i_am_jesse

Oct 21, 2009
Menomonie, Wi
What is the best brand of engine? for the 80cc (66cc) they all seem 2 b priced about the same, but what one to go with??? please help me decide.crt.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Well, these china 2strokes are mostly the same - the different "brand" names primarily refer to the accessories that come with the kit and their respective quality.

Having said that - there are some minor(ish) differences in motors, some older versions have bushings instead of bearings (some people even prefer that), some come with a slant head, some have a larger wrist pin, some have slightly better castings... the list goes on, but there's not a lot of consistency.

While I like the 'Grubee Skyhawk' kits because of the better quality accessories, ThatsDax actually has slightly better motors (quality bearings/larger wristpins) or so I've heard - the important thing is to get yer kit from a reliable and trustworthy source, like ThatsDax, Spooky, or BikeBerry. I'm sure there's others - but I've not had dealings with them lol

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
on thatsdax do they have the full kits? i looked briefly, seen one, but not where to buy
Yes ThatsDax has full kits available, front page is a photo of the engine kit. Below that you will see three different sizes available. Click on "order Now"

Also the 4-stroke Titan is available as a full kit

Attachments

Last edited: