Hello from ontario

GoldenMotor.com

djtino

Mar 2, 2009
Ontario
Hi .. my name is Dominic. I live in Ontario ... i just ordered a 80cc (67) kit and i will probably first try it on a cheap bike ... maybe this one ( supercycle San Pedro)

It's not really expensive ... so if i like the motorized bicycle way of life .. i will be able to use the part on a better frame ...

what do you think of my plan ???

by the way .. sorry for my poor english ... it's not my favourite language .. hehe

Attachments

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Welcome to the Forum. That frame may be a little tight. Somewhere on here are some clearence measurements, I'll try to find them.

djtino

Mar 2, 2009
Ontario
the kit said that it need 15" of the seat tube .. and 15-15 inch for the down tube .... this bike have a 15" seat tube .. so it will be a close call ... but i'm waiting to have the engine before choosing a frame ... i have a lot a old bike here that my wife will be happy to see disappear anyway hehehe

and i'm not really in a hurry .. we are still under a lot of snow here ... :D

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Welcome Dominic, good to see another Ontarian sign on!!

I was at Canadian Tire a week or so ago looking at that San Pedro bike...you might run into some carb clearance issues with that frame.

One Canadian Tire bike to consider that is cheap is the one at the link below...the men's 26" was $129.99 at my local Canadian Tire.

Supercycle 1800

djtino

Mar 2, 2009
Ontario
is there 15" from the cranks to the bottom of the top tube?
It suppose to have 15" but i didnt mesure it myself yet ... i'm going to see it probably this weekend .. it's not in stock at the CT in my town ..

and i check on Craiglist often but there is nothing interesting right now (ottawa)

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I'm from Ontario Canada...

and thx Rockenstein for the link ... but i'm looking more for a cruiser type of bike... but i dont want the same as every body ...

Maybe check out this cruiser style bike that Canadian WalMart's are stocking....it's only a few bucks more than the San Pedro.

Mens Boardwalk

You know too for a 100 bucks more than a WalMart bike you could also go for a Norco cruiser...

Norco cruisers

Cheers :)

djtino

Mar 2, 2009
Ontario
You know too for a 100 bucks more than a WalMart bike you could also go for a Norco cruiser...

The norco is a great looking cruiser .. but for this price i can almost build my own with the part i want ... a bare cruiser frame (Schwinn replica) it's only 75$

so i dont really want to put a lot of money in a complete bike .. and i already have a lot of spare parts ....

i just like the look of the san pedro .. maybe the engine will fit .. maybe not .. will see .. no big deal ...