After a long time away from this hobby.....

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
I'm back!
Really motivated on my new build.
200 a month budget here.
Only the best.
I'll be hollering at ya Dax when it time to get my 2 stroke 48cc.
But next month some mag wheels with top hat adapter.
Then a Monarch Fork the following month.
Then an engine.
This build will be strictly engine assist.
So a 48 tooth should be adequate.
Or I may go with a 46.
And a 48cc to stay legal because you know by now the cops are keen
on this knowing there are two different displacements.
I've gotten a dual cable throttle with no kill switch to stay clean.
And I can mount it on the left and can throttle down so I can finagle with the choke with my right.
Someone here made a cool version of my clutch mod that's a lot cleaner so I'm looking to buy from him.
Then when I register this bike I can show proof of the legal engine.
Powder coat will be the last thing.
Something gold to bronze with yellow mags and ape hangers.
I'm leaving this bike to my grand son when it's time to leave this earth.
I've been all over facebook but nothing beats a forum where you can search archives easily.

Attachments

Last edited:

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Welcome back! Personally I'd just go with a 66cc because they are basically identical and just get a sticker saying 49cc ha! But whatever floats your boat! Sounds like you'll have a nice ride with 200 a month! Ha some people only have $200 to spend and make due! You'll have a lot of left over!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome home, Large. We've missed you old friend. Sure glad to see you back in action again.
Keep us posted on this latest build. Pictures are always nice and we can see what you're up to.

Let me know when you'll be at Duanes. I'll pop over and see you.

Thanks for dropping in.

Tom

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Will definitely do that 2 door! Still haven't met you yet.
YesImL dude. I want to go with a 48cc 2 stroke because the consensus say they are smoother and actually rev a little higher. My build is in no way for speed which is why I'm going higher than a 44 tooth and I'll be registering it too because it will have a kind of a LoJack system for like 10 bucks I saw online.
Here is is.
I think it's more like a chip on dogs not really a tracking device.
But I'll pay good money for one.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--SNG502...h8bilH2etXf9I_hjSOBPNOESigan0pdymMxoCHcXw_wcB

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Will definitely do that 2 door! Still haven't met you yet.
YesImL dude. I want to go with a 48cc 2 stroke because the consensus say they are smoother and actually rev a little higher. My build is in no way for speed which is why I'm going higher than a 44 tooth and I'll be registering it too
I can understand that! I balance mine slightly for a nice smooth ride, guess I didn't think about that from a stock stand point! Sounds like you'll have a fun time with it ha!

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Large Filipino!

I'm really glad to hear from you. I well remember you as one of the good guys from my early days. There's a group who I've missed and often wonder what's become of them.

You're one of them.

Have fun with your build and keep us posted.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
LP,
Welcome back, your one of the guys I blame for me being in this hobby!(Thanks). I followed your post for a long time!

Jim E

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Welcome back! Your new build seems similar to the one that I have had waiting on me for a while now, except the engine. I am going 4 stroke, just waiting on KC's new 4 stroke jackshaft base to hit the market, hoping my funds are available for it at the same time.
I will be looking forward to your build thread!