Going back to motorized bikes...

GoldenMotor.com

yugipro18

Jan 21, 2014
Wisconsin
I used to own your basic chinese engine kit a few years ago that lasted well over 1000 miles while being moved between a few different bikes and having various mods done to it. Then I got into cars for 3 years but gas is expensive, insurance is expensive and car parts are way too expensive lol. So im going back to bikes. I have an older 26in Schwinn and I just ordered a generic 80(66) cc engine kit, a full grade 8 allen bolt hardware kit, a 36T sprocket, a billet aluminum intake manifold, an expansion chamber exhaust and a spring loaded chain tensioner.

Me and a friend are also getting work done on his bike, which is a friction drive using a craftsman weed eater motor I got for free.

Figured ill be posting various projects and questions on this forum so I'll throw up this as my introduction first.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome back.

I went through something similar. Built two bikes in the spring of 2008. One lasted about a year and a half. The other made it about two years. When that one died I didn't really feel like bothering with another.

Then in the spring of 2012 the 'itch' came back. So I bought a kit and built a bike that I'm still riding.

And I've noticed that I'm starting to ride it more than I ride my pedal bike. Partly it's because it is fun. I also wonder if I'm not just getting older.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome back to the world of motorized bicycles. riding with someone will be great. glad to have you back with us