Riding my Stealth Bomber

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Admit it........you were giggling your arse off as you passed those cars!!

Looks like a lot of fun!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Admit it........you were giggling your arse off as you passed those cars!!

Looks like a lot of fun!
That walking bridge is a biache on a regular bicycle. Even a China Girl has a tough time on it, because you can't keep your speed up through the turns, and it's pretty steep. Electronaut runs up it like a purple ape.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
What an awesome bike!
I can't believe how quiet it is. As you were passing the leaf blower I thought of how that sounded similar to an ICE Motorized Bicycle and compared it to Electronaut's stealthy silence.

The acceleration is awesome! I was laughing as you were still pedalling while passing cars.
I imagined a young kid watching you through the window as you went by and the comments the kid would say to the parent(s).

Thank you for the movie!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just too cool! I was also laughing, thinking what those drivers must have thought when they got passed by a guy pedaling a bicycle.
"Holy $hit, Martha. Did you see that guy?"
"Oh Harold, he's probably training for the Olympics." :)

Very impressive! Thanks for sharing with us.
Tom

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Just too cool! I was also laughing, thinking what those drivers must have thought when they got passed by a guy pedaling a bicycle.
"Holy $hit, Martha. Did you see that guy?"
"Oh Harold, he's probably training for the Olympics." :)

Very impressive! Thanks for sharing with us.
Tom
Yes sir officer sir, it only goes 20 mph on it's own. I'm just real good at pedaling.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Very nice, I like it. You can go as slow or fast as you want with no noise.

Nice bike paths you have there too. Have fun!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Great vid man. That walking bridge looked like it was a breeze. Passing cars is a lot of fun heh?!
Passing cars is fun, but passing Harleys is even more fun lol.

The walking bridge is a trip. It's a total different story on a 2 stroke bike. with a 2 stroke china motor you have to a slow down to a walking pace to make the hairpin turns, and because it's a steep grade on the upside, you have to pedal hard, and slip the clutch mercilessly to limp over it. You can't build enough speed to get the clutch out. Electronaut has no such issues. With full power available from the lowest rpm, it fly's over the walking bridge effortlessly.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Absolutely awesome...gnarly curves on that bridge...id bet a centri clutch could rip that but not nearly as fast...whats ur range...does pedallin help the charge? That would be a neat addition if not....kinda dynamoish...

Ur vids are always awesome

Keep em coming

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Absolutely awesome...gnarly curves on that bridge...id bet a centri clutch could rip that but not nearly as fast...whats ur range...does pedallin help the charge? That would be a neat addition if not....kinda dynamoish...

Ur vids are always awesome

Keep em coming
The range is sort of a trick question. It depends on how fast. At 15 mph, it's about 70 miles. At 20 mph it's about 50 miles. At 50 mph, it's about 17 miles.

It has what's called regen. You press a button and it recharges the battery, but it acts like a rear brake when you hit it. You could use it while you're pedaling, but it would make it very hard to pedal. Mainly you use it only when you want to slow down.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
my regen engages every time I hit the brakes, it is actually part of the brake handle. It is great for helping to slow down the motorized bicycle. I am not really sure how much it is helping to charge the battery though.

snellemin

Feb 4, 2014
Spring TX
I have my regen setup like biknut. Regen and offroading is something I don't like. Regen stops working around 11mph. My throttle and brake cutoff are going through my Cycle analyst. The Cycle Analyst is setup to have cruise control and 2 power output setting, along with a throttle disable. Regen is enable directly through the controller and so is a 3 speed settings. I would need a very tall mountain to put enough charge back into my batteries.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
It's the way of the future!
But it's pay upfront, not as you use it.
My Batteries in my old house were worth about 8K but only lasted 10 years, I never got 8K worth of electricity back out of them.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Unless it has a second set of brushes in the motor, designed for charging, regen is very, very inefficient.
It's pretty useless of the flat streets where I live as far as recharging the battery, but it does save the brake pads.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
That's all it's designed to do.
Sorry if I come across harsh, I do really like your bike, what size motor and volts are you running?
It's only that I'm on a tight budget.
But I do have an electric bike project.
I got a second hand 49cc Quad bike and an old 200w scooter motor, a couple of large motor cycle batteries, but need a new controller.
Are any of the cheap Chinese controllers better than the others for this purpose?
Would like a thumb control for it as I had it set up on a trike (1/2 a pocketbike/ 1/2 a Quad) and the twist grip was a bit hard for the smaller kids to work out.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That's all it's designed to do.
Sorry if I come across harsh, I do really like your bike, what size motor and volts are you running?
It's only that I'm on a tight budget.
But I do have an electric bike project.
I got a second hand 49cc Quad bike and an old 200w scooter motor, a couple of large motor cycle batteries, but need a new controller.
Are any of the cheap Chinese controllers better than the others for this purpose?
Would like a thumb control for it as I had it set up on a trike (1/2 a pocketbike/ 1/2 a Quad) and the twist grip was a bit hard for the smaller kids to work out.
I'm sorry to say I'm not that knowledgeable about it Theon, this is my first electric bicycle. I'm still in the learning mode. I can tell you this bike has 2 power modes. Restricted to the U.S. legal 750w maximum, and unrestricted off road only 4500w. The battery is 18 ah, 72v.