spark plug keeps poppimg out

GoldenMotor.com

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
Ok so my spark plugs blows out the engine when WOT and my pedal chain broke so I need to get a new pedal chain how can I keep spark plug from poppin out and my motor scares me when I WOT it screams like its crazy screaming when I get off the bike im shaking. Is WOT supposed to sound scary? and my back tire is kinda loose how do I tighten it like its loose on the rod not the outer nuts that you screw the tire on. Im scared one day im going to wipeout and break some bones, But I need the speed its so fun.xct2

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Sounds like the sparkplug hole threads are stripped. A small engine repair shop can put in a steel insert after tapping to a bigger size. Plus the insert will be much harder to strip. You need a new head gasket for it too.

Here you can get a bike tune-up through craigslist for $20. They grease and fix minor things for way less than a bikeshop. You need to get those axels fixed before they dump the bearings and then your in real trouble.

And if your going to run so fast it's scary then take to riding with MX pads and stuff. I don't speed but if I'm going any distance I look like I'm heading out on a motocross track. I just don't need to hurt if I can avoid it and the cagers don't give a f...

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Use your throttle to control your speed. First problem solved.

Either you're not tightening your spark plug enough, or your spark plug hole is stripped. It the hole turns out to be stripped, the easiest thing to do is buy a head. Probably better get a head gasket too.

Fixing your wheel is easy. You need to adjust the bearing end play. It would probably be a good idea to grease the hub at the same time. If you have a coaster brake this might help.

http://motorbicycling.com/f48/took-my-rear-hub-apart-today-24820.html

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
I think its just not tightened hard enough it screws in all the way fine.. But when I was taking it home i tried to pedal start and it would want to turn on but it feels like it dies out but is still trying to go so I get something to pedal with. It was very hard to pedal and I got very tired.

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.
I am confused. Snug the sparkplug up with a wrench. Pull hand clutch lever in, ride your bike to about 7 mph, Release clutch lever while still pedaling. Hold throttle open only slightly. When engine starts, pull clutch lever back in and let engine warm up a bit before putting a load on it.

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
yeah its not working it wont turn on all the way its like not giving it full power i get like 1 second of full power when pedaling then it will die and then a get like another second then dies out I want to make a video so you guys understand what im talking about