Custom Frame for Board Track Thumper

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have been riding the bike a lot and it runs great, the only issue is the Braking. This is a heavy bike and just having a rear only brake is not safe. Norm from Venice Motor Bikes offered to lace in a Worksman Drum Hub for a BD gift...very cool gift...this might be the only Felt wheel with this hub...it’s a great combo and the look fits the bike.

On another note I am thinking of registering the bike, I got a scare last Sunday while riding with a large group (Venice Vintage Motorcycle Club), the LAPD pulled over a group of guys and I happen to dodge them. Had to wait till things cooled down to make it back home. It could have been costly, or a long pedal home...lol

Attachments

The 26incher

Dec 19, 2009
Pepeekeo, HI
Wow, what a great looking bike. Cops over here in Hawaii don't even look twice at mo-bikes...but I think I might be the only guy on the east side riding one.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
26 incher where you at bro????

I have been riding the shiz out of this bike...all over Los Angeles and surrounding areas. Been hanging out with Tim from Isky...talked me in into pulling the cam and having him do some changes to it...it woke this motor up...

I added a few stickers to the tank..."So-Cal" that’s my place and would not think about moving for a second...today was like 75 at the beach...

The pictures show the frame has got the Patina going on....it will get a clear coat and some pin-striping real soon....

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I think your brown Quick Bricks set the whole bike off! do you plan on putting a rear fender on it? would look awsome!!

superharry

Mar 10, 2012
Mira Loma, CA.
Totally! I think a chain will work better, as the "ring" is smaller than the sheave. more wiggle room... i'm putting a 150cc briggs in an old Schwinn cruiser(cantilever frame) and the CVT is the way to go. I would really like to have my engine centered in the frame, and you just took care of it! (ive been researching a bit, and you nailed it w/out the jackshaft) great piece of craftmanship. can I place an order?!? Seriously!

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Update on the BTT:

I have been riding the crap out of this bike and the only things I have done is change the oil and replaced the CVT belt. This GC 160 is amazing; it is a true winner for a BTR build.

O- One more thing...I replaced the Brooks seat with a new seat that is friendlier on my ass...laff

Never got around to painting the frame, I like the way it looks so I have no plans for paint.

Attachments

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
That raw steel look so tough. Im kinda glad you didn't end up painting it. The rust color matched the tires nicely.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
CCC, what steel did you use for your frame? Chromoly? And that is a great looking bike!
I used mild steel .065 I have changed the tubing size to .090 and have used .120 on my race bikes. A good all around size is .090 easy to weld and strong for our use.

I did use 1 1/2 on the down tube when most people use 1 inch.

The bike in this post has had no issues.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
CCC, bikes lookin good bud!Just wanted to say thanks for the jig on the cheap info. Built me one and I love it. It made things move along easier and quicker.I used it on the Pennysworth build. It can be seen on the BTR page. Agian Thanks so much,Rick