Helio (hello) from San Diego!

GoldenMotor.com

heliobikes

Vendor/Dealer
Oct 29, 2014
San Diego, CA.
Hey everyone my name is Kyle and I have been enjoying building bikes for about 5.5 years now. First off I love the freedom of a motorized bike and the fact that it is different is exciting too. There are several people that call Helio thinking that i actually invented them ( yeah I wish). Anyways this forum has always been a wealth of knowledge and i thought that maybe I can jump in also. Helio specializes in 4 stroke bikes utilizing the Honda gxh50 and Honda gx35 mated to the EZM gearboxes. Enough about that stuff ( i dont want to go into my sales rant). As for me, I love engineering, new ideas, all things computers and am interested in what we as a human race will do for transportation in the future. That's why I am here and to help/get help with the future of this community. Any questions please let me know.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, there are a lot of four stroke builders here. After building several two strokes a four stroke is on my to do list. Motorized bicycles are a great way to see the outdoors, at a slower pace we get to see a lot more detail.

heliobikes

Vendor/Dealer
Oct 29, 2014
San Diego, CA.
Thanks for the reply. There are a lot of skilled builders out there. Helio was dealing only with 2 strokes for 2 years and then we started the four strokes. Since then we haven't turned back. The 4 stroke, in my opinion, is just a better engine all around but they are expensive. The only 2 stroke that interests me is the morini just for the POWER (maybe a racing bike in the future)!! If you need any advice on the 4 strokes, dont hesitate to ask.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I like most went with the two stroke because of price and the power of the 48cc engines. The only legal engine here is 50cc and under and has to be one speed, after having many motorcycles in both two and four stroke I knew I could do a little work on the two stroke and increase the power. I have had so much fun riding I wish I would have built one sooner, I still have the first one I started in late 2010 and ride it regularly.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. You have been building bikes as long as I have, so it doesn't seem appropriate to call you a newbie. I didn't realize the EZM will mate to the GX35. I'll check it out on the Helio site.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks for the reply. There are a lot of skilled builders out there. Helio was dealing only with 2 strokes for 2 years and then we started the four strokes. Since then we haven't turned back. The 4 stroke, in my opinion, is just a better engine all around but they are expensive. The only 2 stroke that interests me is the morini just for the POWER (maybe a racing bike in the future)!! If you need any advice on the 4 strokes, dont hesitate to ask.
Welcome to the forum ;) Do you build 4-stroke bikes with larger than 50cc engines?