Help please :)

GoldenMotor.com

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
Hey fellas bikes running amazing having trouble uploading pics ill get tem on here soon.. The motor sprocket bearing sounds a lil whiney not seriously loud or anything what can I use to lube it up an what type of grease do I lube the clutch parts the rod an arm after removing the clutch arm any help would be appreciated

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Sprocket bearing? Those are sealed.

Let everything break in, then worry about that bearing.
As for lubing everything, I use Extreme duty Multi-complex grease from wally world on everything.

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
Ok so the whiney noise is normal during the break in it I finally got the carb adjusted right I know I ask a lot of questions new to building anything motorized. So heavy duty an what parts do I grease?? I have already greased the wheel hubs with white lighting

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Shove some grease in the hole behind the clutch bar on the clutch shaft, pull out the throw out arm (what I call it) on the chain cover, grease that, put a dab of grease on the clutch gears on the other side of the engine and see what happens. :D

Should be good for a little while.

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
so unscrew the clutch plate an just a dab of grease on the gears that are directly under the clutch plate?

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
*Clutch cover

Not clutch plate, that guy covers the clutch pads. Don't wanna grease those, you'll find out why soon there after. lol

Take off the clutch cover, put a dab of grease right where the two gears meet. :)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Ok so the whiney noise is normal during the break in it I finally got the carb adjusted right I know I ask a lot of questions new to building anything motorized. So heavy duty an what parts do I grease?? I have already greased the wheel hubs with white lighting
Grease everything on the bike that rotates...steering, crank, pedals, everything.
Make sure all the bearings are correctly adjusted and tight.
Grease the small gear and large gear on the clutch side of the engine. Don't go crazy with the grease, just a small dab on the teeth in a few spots.
NOT the inside of the big gear! (Clutch pads + grease = fail.)
Some people take out the clutch cable guide and grease inside the engine case, but I don't do this since you have to pump far too much in there to actually grease anything important.
Keep an eye on all the nuts, bolts and screws the first few weeks until everything takes a set and stays put.
Once you have 300-400 miles on it, adjust the needle clip for best acceleration and power.
Then you can start thinking about a pipe or different rear gear...

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
My latest engine was making metallic sounds that didn't seem right- and the clutch seemed to keep readjusting itself- I kept tightening the flower nut-

I finally found a small problem- the set screw for the flower nut was rubbing on the clutch cover- don't know why really- never had that happen before-

it had etched a little bit of a ring into the cover

I put in another (second) gasket, and even painted the edges of the cover and case to get a little more clearance, and also slightly filed the top of the set scew

doesn't seem to be rubbing now-