Dented my Worksman Rear Rim

GoldenMotor.com

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Ugh! I hit a large pot hole well edge of a cut out in the pavement the other day and just noticed last night that I have this nice dent in my wheel. It's on both sides so the at least it's an even dent but I have no idea if it's fixable or if I should even try. It doesn't seem to make any difference on the wheel performance but I "know" it's there and that just bothers me :(

Attachments

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I believe this rim saver tool from Bicycle Research would fix it but I can't find anyone that has one in stock or shows pricing. So I'm not sure if it would be worth buying one etc... My local bike shop may have one they use to fix rims

Attachments

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
You could try peening it out if you have a ballpeen hammer handy, or see if your bike shop has a tool and take it there if you want to pay ridiculous labor prices. If it were me, I'd buy the repair tool. As long as it does what it says it does, its worth the money.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Thanks guys, yes I may just have to hammer it out gently as the company that made the tool no longer has any. There is a repair shop near me that can do it but they are almost too far away to go just on a lunch and I have little to no time to just run by there and wait while they fix it. My other thought was to put some shims in the area of the wheel that isn't bent and place the bent part in a vise and just give it a slight squeeze. Not sure yet.