Another Irish Member

GoldenMotor.com

Amon_100

Jul 2, 2012
Ireland
Hi Guys

Names Michael, but on most of these boards i go by "Amon", a student in the NW of Ireland, and i must say it is nice to see that there is a few Irish members on this forum. I like the versatility of motorized bikes however i have may questions about the engines and namely their legality.

Many of the websites I have read say that the engines are legal as the are only mechanically assisted, dose this mean that once you stop peddling does the engine cut off, I know from some electric bikes I have ridden the throttle controls the speed but the motor would not run unless the peddles were moving.

Thanks in advance for the help
Amon

.shft.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Welcome aboard not sure the legality in Ireland but to answer your question the engine stays running until you kill it but generally has to be peddled the first few feet to get it going else you wear the clutch out quickly. Also starts by peddling altho you can add a rope crank.

zatdattyo

Apr 13, 2012
Tennessee
My theroy is this about the legal repercussion factor, In Ireland who the hells gonna care. If your any distance from town your chances that a law may be present to stop you from riding such a contraption are prolly non existant. from what Ive see travelin the back roads your safer than they are.....lol