80cc bike engine has no power :(

GoldenMotor.com

twaddles

Oct 2, 2008
maybe i,ll check there also as i have the same damn problem... no power and the thing only poops along. have to peddle like a demon to get up hills.

twaddles

Oct 2, 2008
these chinese motors, lets face it, do not have any quality control.. perhaps a lot of different problems elsewhere inside engine; ie: rings;pistons; electric cdi box; the low power and cutting out problems could either be related to the cdi or bad carb jets. dunno...i have the "no power" problem on the slighest hills...ran good for awhile then crapped out. starts fine and begins fine;;then..putt.putter, putt, putt: blah!!

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Sounds like a carb problem Twaddles, could be the float is not letting enough fuel to fill the bowl up. Could also be dirt in carb, at idle there is enough gas but when you need more gas, it can't deliver it fast enough and it bogs out. Did you use a fuel filter?
I would not even start mine without one, the gas tanks are nasty on the inside.

twaddles

Oct 2, 2008
Thanks, Toytime... Appreciate Your Reply.. Yes, I Placed A Fuel In Line Filter And It Did No Good. I Also Took The Carb Apart And Checked It. Seems O.k... It Stutters And Jerks Along With No Power, But When I Let Up On The Throttle It Smooths Out!!! Go Figure!!! Strange As The Stock Market ...(lol) It Worked O.k. A Day Ago.. Then When I Put The Fuel Filter In... Horrible... I Don,t Know,, I Am About To Get Another Stripped Kit With Just Motor And Carb And Cid Unit... Somethings Gotta Work..(i Hope...) Whaty Do You Think??? Twaddles

jerseykat1

Thanks, Toytime... Appreciate Your Reply.. Yes, I Placed A Fuel In Line Filter And It Did No Good. I Also Took The Carb Apart And Checked It. Seems O.k... It Stutters And Jerks Along With No Power, But When I Let Up On The Throttle It Smooths Out!!! Go Figure!!! Strange As The Stock Market ...(lol) It Worked O.k. A Day Ago.. Then When I Put The Fuel Filter In... Horrible... I Don,t Know,, I Am About To Get Another Stripped Kit With Just Motor And Carb And Cid Unit... Somethings Gotta Work..(i Hope...) Whaty Do You Think??? Twaddles
pull the spark plug out and shake it. do you hear anything? if you do chuck it in the garbage and get a new one. i had a similar problem. it turned out to be the electrode broken on the spark plug causing the gap to change when it wanted (your engine will run better with a wider plug gap start small and widen it as much as possible until it starts to misfire then close it up just a bit) i replaced the spark plug and it ran great after wards. in my opinion the first thing that you need to do to your kit is change the spark plug and ad a fuel filter. The stock no frills plug just wont last.

brucehall46

Aug 1, 2008
wouldnt have thot to look there either. i have built 5 bikes,with motors, worst was a bad head. kings replaced all gaskets too

midatlanticcycle

Apr 14, 2009
leola, pa.
baconteeth: i had EXACTLY same problem with my 80cc kit i got online from outfit in canada. kit was pretty good, install alot of fun, but idle non-existent and not much power, hard to start, all the typical symptoms of fuel/carb/air problem. removed carb and float bowl to have a look, moved needle clip to middle groove so i had a baseline, resealed carb end that slides onto manifold. before i installed the carb though, i inspected manifold, ground out intake port end to match port on cylinder, cleaned up gasket to match port as well, and REALLY sealed up the manifold to cylinder area extremely well as this seems to be a problem area with most all these kits. cured all my problems doing that. hope this helps