Cargo Motorbike?

GoldenMotor.com

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
some have pulled trailers on there bikes, anyways the bigger the rear sprocket, the more pulling power they have. just something to consider.

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
How is this?
Hey, welcome to Motorbicycling!
Actually the electric motor is gone and it is now straight gas power with a milk crate basket on back, oh, and the red bag is the gas tank. Stuff can go in the shopping bags- but they are really to hide the engine.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I like the bike in #1 post. Is it the old fashioned Truck Bike, where the basket is attached to the frame (so it doesn't affect the steering so much)?

I like the Extracycle type cargo bikes also. (They look like mountain bikes, but the frame is longer, and the rear rack is part of the frame with welded tubes. A lot of people carry kids and groceries on them.)

I think for major weight, wouldn't you want a trike with a big box or basket in the back? That seems the best idea to me. I have seen loaded-touring or self-supporting touring cyclists (motored or not) carry 70-100lb of gear.

I have a wald steel rack and a milk crate and have carried about 60lb of groceries in and on it. I once carried a book bag loaded up with canned goods, and the bike pulled just fine with the 44tooth, but it was difficult to get on and off the bike.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
How is this?
Hey, welcome to Motorbicycling!
Actually the electric motor is gone and it is now straight gas power with a milk crate basket on back, oh, and the red bag is the gas tank. Stuff can go in the shopping bags- but they are really to hide the engine.
professor,about a year ago I saw a vid of a bike looked like yours ,maybe 6 inch stretched ,charging a weak battery with a gas motor generator, but powered the bike on an elect motor as an electric bike (the hidden gas tank looks familar)was it you?,,if so I lost contact w/the thread and was very interested in how it went(or what happened that it was given up)
xct2