Hello from Philadelphia, PA

GoldenMotor.com

DoLLeRMaN

Jun 15, 2008
I joined like a week ago but have yet to introduce myself. Hello!

I purchased a 70cc kit and have yet to find the right bike. It did not fit on my TREK so I am considering the kulana moon dog but am having trouble finding one. I did find one but it was all beat up. I had them order another one in for me but I am very skeptical as they did not even ask me to pay (Wal-Mart).

I am very anxious to get started on the build. Ive had my engine for a while now.

Oh well I must stay patient.

Great site by the way, im so glad this is here. I already found a bunch of valuable information on here that I have promptly saved for later :)

:ride2:

DoLLeRMaN

Jun 15, 2008
Hello dollerman, welcome to the forum glad you joined :D
I just looked at the walmart site and I dont see the moondog any more :confused:

:ride:
It is only available in select stores. Problem is they dont say which stores have them. Its ashame the one I found was in such poor condition. I was so tempted to even then buy it but I am glad I didnt. I just hope they actually get me one in and I can go get it before next weekend.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the site. i believe you can go to walmart.com and order the moondog and they will ship it to the store near you. its worth checking out. glad to have you with us and hope you get your bike soon
:ride2:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. I think that Moondog really makes a cool looking bike when you add a motor. When I did my first build I found a Schwinn Jaguar at Target and used it. Glad you joined us....................

DoLLeRMaN

Jun 15, 2008
I sucked it up and spent a few extra dollars and got myself the Jaguar.

It is now in my garage and I sized the engine to it but it does not fit exactly. Any tips on mounting the engine to the Jaguar, Ilikeabikea?

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Welcome to the group Dollarman. IMO the Jag is a much better bike than the Kulana even though they are both still chineese. This might be a bit late but heres how I mount kits on cruiser frames. I take a piece of flat stock 1"x6" weld a peice of 1" half round (black pipe cut in half) and bend the flat stock to propper shape for mounting. I use 2 muffler clamps to hold this to the frame so there is no drilling vital parts of the frame. Enjoy the ride...Kelly:ride2: