sprocket rag adaptor what do you think

GoldenMotor.com

vballspen

Jul 8, 2009
florida
i finished my motor bike number 6 today. the bike is really long so i know have to add some chain links on. but the issue i am having is that the chain is rubbing the tire. its not a little either its rubbing bad. i installed the sprocket the way it is supposed to go. i would flip it but i counter sunk it to fit the coaster brake arm. at this point should i get another piece of that rubber to space it out further i think i have just enough room to make it fit. or should i opt for the clam shell. i have been reading about them for a couple months now but i don't know if it will work with a coaster brake. please help me out here this sucks. i have 2 months into this bicycle and still not on the road for little things like this, but that is the fun part of these bicycles.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
i finished my motor bike number 6 today. the bike is really long so i know have to add some chain links on. but the issue i am having is that the chain is rubbing the tire. its not a little either its rubbing bad. i installed the sprocket the way it is supposed to go. i would flip it but i counter sunk it to fit the coaster brake arm. at this point should i get another piece of that rubber to space it out further i think i have just enough room to make it fit. or should i opt for the clam shell. i have been reading about them for a couple months now but i don't know if it will work with a coaster brake. please help me out here this sucks. i have 2 months into this bicycle and still not on the road for little things like this, but that is the fun part of these bicycles.
What in the world did you read that led you to believe a clamshell will not work with a coaster brake?

Jim

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
I have three of Jim's sprocket adaptors and sprockets on the bikes that i built and all three are coaster brake bikes. You will most likely mave to add some bends in the brake arm for added clearance. Once you figure it out and get things bent right and installed you will have something you can be proud of and trouble free. You can allways call Jim and he will tell you what might be needed. He is allways glad to help fellow bikers.