rear suspension #2

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Hey thx Curt..check'd it out..i cant tell how it works...my fault..i found in the Search..harry76, and what he's done might be the idea..i'll want to pull back to engage.. then if need be have it so i could 'knee slap it' to dis-engage..reason i'm thinking this way is that i want single brake levers for more stopping power. The dual is fine for 20 mph...

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I have found shudder on take of with a cent clutch to be too high a ratio. Whats the ratio?

I have a dual pull brake made by Sunlite. The initial set up is critical. It pulls differentially. one begins before the other. I guess maybe to bias the rear brake first(depends on where you put the cables). Play around with it a bit. Mine worked pretty well on the 49cc shifter which topped around 35. If you want massive pull use the M/C handles.

One would make a great clutch handle also. I used a clamp used to hold 1/2" water pipe to make a fixture to hold the clutch disengaged. Might work for you.

Sorry about the pic but you get the idea.

Attachments

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Well..i had this clutch in the box. Its 3/4 and the bell runs on a bushing..and its old and the shoes are broken in a couple spots on the edges. (pic). Best of all its Fibre shoes. Which is what i searched for and could only find a 1"...anywho it works good still and the horrible shudder take offs are gone! So my disappointment is the wasted money on the metal cotton'pickin shoe clutches. Does it help to drill holes in the shoes....im thinking faster engagement??? So the bike runs good...going for a ride to a bike shop..the guy does 2stroke mb...going fully dressed on a shake down run

Attachments

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
I put a new bushing in this clutch (pic above) and keep sanding the dark spots on the shoes after a run around the block..to get them to engage across the whole shoe..its working nicely. Sooo imove the engine set up to my Del Rio and put lil hs142 on the self. Anyone got experience with Draggin Skins clutch?? They have fibre shoes!

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
This is one of those builds that puts you thru the creative wringer. Looks like you will wind up with a really nice ride when finished. The rear suspension is impressive, looks factory.

Maybe keep this one?

Guess you could be like me and keep em all. They eventually become mobile part storage fixtures for future builds. Rolling recyclers so to speak. I guess that's part of the fun/sickness of my hobby with these things.

Inshore fishing is starting up so guess all of em will be dust collectors for a while.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Yeah.. Lol..my thought exactly..yeah no more selling...im not comfortable doing that. I did it just to keep building the perfect one... beginning to know ..that aint gonna happen..lol..having put the g100 on Del Rio, ive got the power now to climb any hill by just rollin on the throttle. So i'm gonna just go slow with 'whittie'.Um..looks like i need to heatthe manifold and level out my carb..

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Well back at it..cut off the old mm plate out and got a new one going..1 1/2 lower and 2" longer. Now, i can get my pz19 fitted. Because the old mm had the engine shaft 2" above the js at a 30 ° pull up it would bounce up and down on take off, combined with a little clutch chatter...it was wild. Now i can keep the same tank and mount.

Attachments

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
I really like the belt clutch, smooth shifts, no hard jerks into the next gear.once you start, by releasing the clutch, just roll off throttle, shift, roll back on and accelerate...

Attachments

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Just being lazy. I notice you got the 212 thing going on...nice. I swapped out my del Rio frame for a S jaguar so I could weld my mm. Heck a difference on vibs. I had the ole muffler clamp mm on del Rio.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Cool. Yeah I blew up the Briggs. Rod tore thru the block. 212 is nice for sure and now looking to put some billet parts and springs. Took me around 100hrs in 10 days to rebuild it. Been doing a lot of burnouts and wore through two tires in only one month. Just put a new rear tire today.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Well...i thought I was done building...but gollllyy...im at the swap meet I see a Honda engine sittin under a table, missing the carb, I turn it around, whoo GX100 ohc..cam not ohv. "hey how much"...10 bucks!!! I found a nail, put it in the plug wire, held on, pulled the cord...spark!! Brought her home, put my NT on, some gas, and varooom...sooo, gonna swap out the G100. The exhaust is huge..the round tube above it is for comparison.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Yeah curt what a find!! I needed an 1 1/8 bend for the exhaust. So I go to mc salvage, get a bent pair handlebars, not knowing, they are actually made with a tube inside a tube, sooo I cut my 90' out then cut it in half, remove the inner tube, and ill weld it back together a get my 1"id bend. Couldn't think of how else I could find a 1 1/8 90'.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Gonna redo the 'rear sus. bike. Put the Honda back on it. Get it back to the pic with the triple trees on. I really junk'd it up, in the other pic....