Micargi Rover gt build

GoldenMotor.com

Micargirovergt

Jan 16, 2016
Bay area California
Here is the beginning of my bike

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=60730

Update just bought upgraded he bolts for all the engine in cluding exhaust and intake only $13.50 cheaper to buy yourself at home depot than in kit I just currently waiting for my front wide motor mount and extended rear mount due to the size of streched frame hopefuly about a week ill have her running and videos

Attachments

Last edited:

jMrL

Feb 25, 2016
Norfolk
sweet :D where did you get the tensioner, I have only seen silver ones. I know i could paint but Also interested in the price.

Micargirovergt

Jan 16, 2016
Bay area California
So after many attempt's to get her started I found that the magneto cdi and magnet were fried so I went ahead and purchase all of them and a performance cdi now I'm running like a champ just breaking her in before I make a video

Micargirovergt

Jan 16, 2016
Bay area California
sweet :D where did you get the tensioner, I have only seen silver ones. I know i could paint but Also interested in the price.
On eBay it was about $35 it came black and after breaking in my engine I suddenly notice a loss of power after inspecting bike I found our the head was cracked where the spark plug sits and in the front part causing loss of compression decided to use an old head that work better than before and just a head ups don't purchase copper head gaskets from eBay there only diped in a copper solution to appear copper after first use it will fall off and appear to be a normal aluminum one

Micargirovergt

Jan 16, 2016
Bay area California
So after break in she's running great I installed the after market exhaust and decided to get a voodoo exhaust pipe added more middle and top end torque I'm thinking now of placing this setup on another bike and putting a 212cc and fatter tires on the frame

Attachments

Last edited:

Micargirovergt

Jan 16, 2016
Bay area California
Yeah well the video you linked shows the old Rover frame the new Rover gt frame is longer the seat tube doesn't match up with the pedals it sits behind it and I've worked on cars for years all good projects take time

Last edited:

Micargirovergt

Jan 16, 2016
Bay area California
Now I think I'm going to install a better head any good suggestions which is a great one

And after purchasing and installing exhaust and riding around I burned my inner thigh three times so I stopped at a small engine shop that actually had exhaust wrap it was $15 and free intallation

Attachments

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Hey you can always dress up a turd lol but she's actually very reliable I took my time when I first got her and built her well I never push her and when I rebuilt her she worked better than before
China girls can actually be pretty dependable as long as you're not always pushing the limits. Keeping the rpm down is the key.