Bill's 2000 Whizzer upgrade and restyling project

GoldenMotor.com

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Old style on the left, new style on the right.
New actually has been out since 2004. Kept under wrap for a while.
Glad to see their available, cause there better.

Ray

Attachments

Last edited:

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
The Whizzer "bluebird" is almost ready to fly! Beautiful bike...

The Briggs build is impressive. Are there any more photos or details?
SB
I think he said the motor is an FH. The flywheel is all busted up, (typical of early pot metal), so Dan may make an adapter sleeve to fit a modern flywheel. The tapers are different but Dan is the man for my machine work. Also will have to make a mount for the later magneto and set the timing just right. A carburetor will have to be adapted and were thinking of making a kicker for starting. The kick start ratchet mechanism is still intact if we can get it freed up.
The frame is vintage American modified by Bill. I Gave him an old Musselman coaster brake hub that I drilled to accept 12 ga. spokes and a small skip tooth front sprocket, then he found a chain at the last Long Beach Cycle swap. He extended an old pair of bars to get the desired look, found an old headlight and made a truss fork.
Mike, who built the Kohler motor bike, made the beautiful gas tank. The seat will get a new pan and cover eventually.
There's a few of us helping him round up parts, but the design is all Bill's. He's got a good eye and a talent for fabrication. I think this bike needs it's own thread when I get more info and photos.

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I think he said the motor is an FH. The flywheel is all busted up, (typical of early pot metal), so Dan may make an adapter sleeve to fit a modern flywheel. The tapers are different but Dan is the man for my machine work. Also will have to make a mount for the later magneto and set the timing just right. A carburetor will have to be adapted and were thinking of making a kicker for starting. The kick start ratchet mechanism is still intact if we can get it freed up.
The frame is vintage American modified by Bill. I Gave him an old Musselman coaster brake hub that I drilled to accept 12 ga. spokes and a small skip tooth front sprocket, then he found a chain at the last Long Beach Cycle swap. He extended an old pair of bars to get the desired look, found an old headlight and made a truss fork.
Mike, who built the Kohler motor bike, made the beautiful gas tank. The seat will get a new pan and cover eventually.
There's a few of us helping him round up parts, but the design is all Bill's. He's got a good eye and a talent for fabrication. I think this bike needs it's own thread when I get more info and photos.
Yes got to see more details,like how the flywheel is done and the rest of the build. Along with all the tools and tricks,LOVE IT,KOOOOOOOOOL........................Curt

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I spent some time visiting Dale and Dan at Dale's place. Dale reworked some valves seats for me. Dan made me some spacers, to lower my front forks. 1" for the 26" forks, and 1 1/2" for the 24" forks.

The wifey called me, said to come home. said I was having to much fun.
Thanks Dale, Thanks Dan.
I'll see if I can come over next Saturday.

Ray

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Yeah, I guess you guys are having fun! On Saturdays you're kids again with grown up skills. I do hope the Briggs build gets a much deserved thread of it's own.
SB

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I can't figure out the privacy settings on YouTube with this tablet...still working on it