Like! Thanks!

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
i think a personal pm would mean a lot more to the poster
I agree.
A personal note, a pat on the back, is a great way to show your appreciation for help and advice that has benefited you. The recipient will get the message and it will mean a lot more to him/her that a public announcment. Try it. I think you'll be pleased with the results of your efforts.

Tom

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
For that matter a post saying "good job" or "nice work" works well.

I have just seen this feature on several VBulliten forums I frequent/or involved in. It seems to be a popular feature, I just thought it would be useful and fun here.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
There are many times I'll read a specific post that is so helpful I think a "LIKE" would be more useful. Cumulative likes could better help in identifying reliable contributors and highlight helpful information. While I agree that we should take time to personally thank those who help us, PMing them does help broadcast their excellent reputations.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I've gotta say, just thanking the person right there when they help you out works pretty good. It's immediate gratification for the kind person, and when reading archived threads, people can tell what works. I did feel a little silly at first with the smiles and dancing guy, but it really helps to convey intention etc.

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
I would like to ad a thank button to my own posts so I can thank myself for being so awesome. Like this post, I wish I could thank myself for this awesome post.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I would like to ad a thank button to my own posts so I can thank myself for being so awesome. Like this post, I wish I could thank myself for this awesome post.
It just doesn't get any more awesome than that......and we thank you! ZZ Top said it and you didn't have to do what you did, but you did and you did and we thank you!

Just send money and I'll hit the thanks button :D

dnut

Mar 31, 2013
RI
Back on topic, the thanks button is also a convenient way to signify agreement with a post without having to type anything. I like that very much.
...i couldn't agree more and that has been my primary use for this feature.

...i'd actually like to see it changed to 'Agree' and to see a 'Disagree' button added, that way it could become a useful tool to illustrate consensus within the group as the membership weighs in on those issues that might lead to controversy, ...maybe it would provide the members a way to disagree without it becoming disagreeable.

...some disagreement is a healthy thing that leads to a deeper understanding between parties and helps to lead to that middle ground of mutual respect.

peace, bozo

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...hmm, as much as I've wanted a "disagree" button on some other sites here I gotta say that it's probably more enlightening for our newer members in particular to post why something is disagreed with constructively as often that provides options & insight, other ways of doing things - sometimes why something is disagreed with may be even more important than why it's "liked"... There's many a thing I like for no particular or outstanding reason, but if I "disagree" with something it usually warrants some explaining ;)

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
...hmm, as much as I've wanted a "disagree" button on some other sites here I gotta say that it's probably more enlightening for our newer members in particular to post why something is disagreed with constructively as often that provides options & insight, other ways of doing things - sometimes why something is disagreed with may be even more important than why it's "liked"... There's many a thing I like for no particular or outstanding reason, but if I "disagree" with something it usually warrants some explaining ;)
I disagree......I mean people like to disagree.....I mean I like to agree to people not disagreeing, if ya know what I mean. Or don't you agree?

It's just all so confusing......agreed? Please don't disagree or I will be forced to disregard. Or something "like" that laff

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
@.@

thx scotto rotfl
I think that is a computer brainfart, or something to that effect. Gave me quite a chuckle tho! What do I know about computers, besides nothing?

Or was that brainphart? My spellcheck says "no" leaving me to believe nothing that I read and half of what I see.....or don't.....or "like"...or "agree" with.

Whoops, I think my head just passed gas or past gas? Kan't say four shure?

rotfl

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
...i couldn't agree more and that has been my primary use for this feature.

...i'd actually like to see it changed to 'Agree' and to see a 'Disagree' button added, that way it could become a useful tool to illustrate consensus within the group as the membership weighs in on those issues that might lead to controversy, ...maybe it would provide the members a way to disagree without it becoming disagreeable.

...some disagreement is a healthy thing that leads to a deeper understanding between parties and helps to lead to that middle ground of mutual respect.

peace, bozo
I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with this post, i wish I had a button to signify my disagreement, Dammit! I've fallen into your trap!

Well played sir.