99cc Predator Build

GoldenMotor.com

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
I'm not going to bark at you, I'm going to ask you how you would feel if someone told you that something you were working hard to get running reliably was a waste of time? I don't have a build going. My bike is already built. I just don't share pictures of it, and that's my choice. As I've already stated more than once, the things I've already done to my clutch have got it running reliably and smoothly. It does not chatter or slip when taking off. That's a very big improvement from when it was given to me. I'm working on tuning it so I can share my knowledge with others who would like to get reliability out of a less expensive option. Even ccc just said he'd rather pay for the maxtorque. So if you think that my willingness and desire to prove that this clutch can be tuned and made reliable is being "negative" or trying to "polish a turd", then I'm sorry but I just don't really know what to say to you. I come across strongly sometimes I'll admit, but I'm trying to help, and there is no reason to not consider the possibility that I may be right and let me try, since I'm going to anyway. If you don't like what I have to say, you are 100 per cent free to ignore me, as is anyone else on this forum. I will try to be more polite, but I'm tuning this clutch whether anyone likes it or not.

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
I honestly don't know why, since I'm pretty sure no one else has put as much time and effort into experimenting with tuning this clutch as I have, everyone is so sure it's such a waste of time? This is what I don't get.

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
A lot of people seem to think I am this butter bean person. I can assure you I am not. I suppose I just remind people of him? I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I suppose if we have this determination in common, that's at least something to be happy about. I admire people who are determined to go their own way, no matter what anyone else says or thinks about it.

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
Well, I'm getting up about half past noon and calling comet kart sales to order the wedge shoes. The stock shoes weigh 46 grams, the wedge shoes weigh 62 grams. Not sure if I said that already. I was going to order from agk, but they're sold out, and since comet doesn't stock them, they order direct from the mfr, and the shipping turns out to be $5 cheaper than agk anyway, which left me with enough money to also order a nice pair of motorcycle mirrors with 10mm stems, which I already have clamps for.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I am going to weigh in here.....to each is their own! If Culvercityclassic wants to buy more expensive, better quality parts then so be it. If the next guy wants to buy the less expensive part and spend time tuning it then so be it.

F Rod and Culvercityclassic have been NOTHING BUT HELPFUL on this forum. I, myself, do not have a ton of extra money to spend on this hobby, but when I have questions I have PERSONALLY asked F Rod and Culver, and both have been nothing but more than helpful. Culver has answered more questions for me than probably most on here and has ALWAYS given me valuable information! I purchased a part from F Rod and he went above and beyond by sending me detailed information and notes!

These two members are stand up guys in my book!

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
When I get my clutch tuned properly, all that's going to matter to me is that I'll be happy with my bike. No one will be able to take that from me. I will share detailed notes on how I've got my clutch set up, so that others who want to use this clutch and have it operating reliably can do so. There will be those who will not agree with the time and effort I'm putting into tuning this clutch, so be it. I simply do not care. I've already ordered the heavy shoes, so any arguments against the tuneability of this clutch are moot right now. I will have the shoes some time next week, and I will start my own thread on this subject. Thank you and good day.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I can't believe It's Not Butter. But I know a bean when I smell one......especially a castor bean when mixed at 50:1 !!!

Any clutch can be improved and dialed in....what's the fuss???

laff brnot laff