Oh boy. bit off more than I can chew

GoldenMotor.com

Joshuacool

Apr 19, 2012
planet eatrh
I acquired a 6 hp briggs go cart racing 4 stroke engine. barely fits frame. thats ok. Prob I am having Is It's too wide cuz of the flywheel and It Is lil too wide for pedal clearance even with pedal extensions. Is there something I can do to get by this Issue or what? any Ideas welcome. I really wanna make this beast work. Thank you for your time

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
dont know what you paid for the b&s, but you can get a 99cc predator engine at harbor freight for a hundred bucks. you will also need mounting hardware and a transmission, but whatever you used on the briggs might fit the predator if they have the same shaft sizes and bolt patterns. i would never put 6 horses on any bicycle, especially a racing engine.

Joshuacool

Apr 19, 2012
planet eatrh
Nice scooter. I bought this engine a few months ago for 50 bucks off a guy In west va. I think I am gonna just check out the predator or order a 3 hp dax titan 4 stroke. I just hate to not put this fine briggs to use. was on a go cart before I got It. looks good on bike but lil too wide and taking off pedals means It Is not under the moped/motorbicycle laws and Is a scooter. I may have It for sale before long.

Joshuacool

Apr 19, 2012
planet eatrh
dont know what you paid for the b&s, but you can get a 99cc predator engine at harbor freight for a hundred bucks. you will also need mounting hardware and a transmission, but whatever you used on the briggs might fit the predator if they have the same shaft sizes and bolt patterns. i would never put 6 horses on any bicycle, especially a racing engine.
So i was curious If mounting a predator engine causes problems with mounting. I like this Idea you gave me. Thank you

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
in most states by going over 50cc you already broke that law to bits and some states have limits on horsepower

check your local laws before building only way you can be sure of what your uilding is legal... or take your chances on getting tickets

Joshuacool

Apr 19, 2012
planet eatrh
It's 100 cc size and I know It"s Illegal. Was gonna build It as a showbike and maybe register It as a motorcycle.But Seems to be too much trouble. I guess I will keep It for another project or sell It.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
pics of motor and motor id tag/serial number will help us and so will a brief rundown of your skills and tools that you have available to you A good understanding of bicycles and how to build a bicyle from the frame up will really help you in this hobby

Joshuacool

Apr 19, 2012
planet eatrh
I will post a pic of this engine soon as I get my friend In florida to take a few. left It In his storage. My skills are 3 total builds 2 good one a flop. I posess sae and metrich sockets and tools and have access to other tools should need arise. I dont wanna sound vain. I ust wanna build something that looks original kinda like a board track racer. not some kit with a wall mart bike and questionable quality 2 stroke. I prefer 2 strokes but thinking about a titan 50 3 hp 4 stroke for reliability. I was Intrigued by the dax gp50 2 stroke engine but have to question reliability for long distance travel and times where I may have to use ethanol mixed gas.