what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

As we are running out of summer here, decided to put my Honda/4G drive on my daily rider. The engine is just awesome and never have a problem with it. I have yet to really test out the 4G but the little I did get to ride it, was purty awesome.

Waiting on a new belt. Got no clue what I did with the original one. But I am sure to find the old one about 3 minutes after the new $13+$11 shipping one arrives. Is the law, snicker.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

I wasn't trying to be a "jackass", but I did learn my lesson (slow down and get it straight before hitting the gas). I went to get gas at that station today and looked. I didn't leave any scratch marks on the road, but there is an oil slick there, from where the cars hit a bump in the road coming through the intersection, and drip. Bet that is how come I slid so far. Oh well.
I think the stunt guy was doing 100+mph and drinking alcohol too.

re:
I think I like the 5 minute vid length better than a 10 min one, Happy...
...lol even with de-emphasis on the 'jackass' part! lol and THAT guy REALLY bought it, big time, in his porsche... idiot. some people just don't learn soon enough.

glad to hear you found a prob that can be resolved with your throttle.

bigdaddy55

Aug 3, 2011
Texas

I worked on a foam plug to make a between the bars gas tank that I will be making from kydex. Also bought 2 Bosch plugs for the motor.

John
.shft.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

Kydex seems good for knife and gun holsters, but seems pretty flexy for a gas tank. How does that work? Do you have thick plastic?

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID

Ordered a jack shaft kit for the LA Cycles BigMo project. I'm going to be streching this bike and just don't want a 10-12 foot chain run. It comes with a 10 and 14 tooth gear and I already have a 12 and a 13. With a 50 tooth sprocket on the 20" tire and the Morini RPM I should be able to gear this right in the sweet spot for power.drn2

bigdaddy55

Aug 3, 2011
Texas

Kydex comes in sheets I am trying .125, 1/8th inch to start with. It is impervious to gas and oil and is very durable and puncture resistant. I will be vacuuming forming the tank. I hope to have my prototype done by the end of the month. Just waiting on the kydex I ordered to come in and finishing the plug so it is smooth. I have been working with the kydex tech people and they say it should make a very good tank.

John

.wee.

Last edited:

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Made a way to attach a broken bar end mirror to my helmet.
Ha used plastic coat hanger and super glued a nail to connect mirror, a few zip ties too. About to ride it and see how steady it will be.

epok

May 2, 2011
queens ,new york city

rode the stingray (c)around NYC felt a a bad chain flap and now in the process of readjusting Barry's mount to tighten up again
scratg

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Kydex comes in sheets I am trying .125, 1/8th inch to start with. It is impervious to gas and oil and is very durable and puncture resistant. I will be vacuuming forming the tank. I hope to have my prototype done by the end of the month. Just waiting on the kydex I ordered to come in and finishing the plug so it is smooth. I have been working with the kydex tech people and they say it should make a very good tank.

John

.wee.
This sounds very interesting. If a guy could stream line designs and production?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

4G belt came! So have a morning project. (Swap out the HF79cc with a Honda/4G)

Thing that bothers me about switching, I much prefer the sound of the big 4 smokes. I spent a whole lotta time and $ trying to get the smaller engines (2 and 4 stroke) to sound more throaty. Nothing ever was really a hit. So gonna have to try again or just be happy with it for a while.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Cool Mod Acraze! Hope that doesn't make a huge blind spot though :oops:

I got some more miles on the 29er, keeping an eye on the J-shaft. Met an older fella putting around on an old Honda PC50, had a good chat.

Was a good day, hope everyone had one too.

bigdaddy55

Aug 3, 2011
Texas

Yeah if I can perfect the designs I will offer for sale. I can make them custom for about any bike just need an outline of the opening. It doesn't take long to make the mould, it's getting it relatively smooth, as any imperfections will show when you pull the vacuum.

John

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Found out the replacement clutch bell is wrong size! (4G) so had to try to work out the whisper drive clutch explosion. I found a ball-peen hammer today. Just sitting in the road. So I beat it with that for a few licks and once again, needed "a bigger hammer" and worked out fine. Duct taped a HF free flash light to the handle bars and am off for a ride. (I ran out of sun light)

If I'm not back in an hour, send beer.

.wee.

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa

What type of 29er do you ride? The helmet mirror makes it way easier to see objects behind he more so than the handlebar mirror. Yes it does make a blind spot but it's nothing the right eye can't overcome. Maybe if you closed the right eye.

Cool Mod Acraze! Hope that doesn't make a huge blind spot though :oops:

I got some more miles on the 29er, keeping an eye on the J-shaft. Met an older fella putting around on an old Honda PC50, had a good chat.

Was a good day, hope everyone had one too.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LOL! I can't tell the story but was a fun night out but turns out I look really, really bad and was sought for and collected at 3AM. Even the dawg gave me a funny look this morning.

But the duct taped head light and beat back together clutch all worked flawlessly. They were both happily sitting in the front yard this morning.