ATV 50cc Full Auto on a stretch!

GoldenMotor.com
Dec 7, 2009
EastCoast USA
Civilized, you have the lifan motor or jialing mine is lifan, call Vince as he has all the schematics hope this helps:

Vince Pale
1-215-630-3554
[email protected]

Vince is quick on returning emails lrt me know if this helps...

ECCMB.

Attachments

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2009
EastCoast USA
Civilized, check here for your wiring schematic

let me know if this helps or try emailing Vince directly...

btw where'd you buy your motor not that it matter's to Vince just curious he has all kinds of ways to improve performance on your 50cc motor...

ECCMB.

Last edited by a moderator:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
50cc 4 Stroke Engine for Mini ATV Auto | GIO
This is a link to where I bought my engine. It is supposed to be an exact honda replacement, as far as wiring and mounting goes. I think most of the rectifiers are wired the same. The main difference is 6v or 12v. The two engine leads, normally yellow and white, plug in to one side of the rectifier and the other side is 12v +/- out. I couldn't find any wiring info other than the type you posted, thank you by the way, and it only shows where the two wires lead into the rectifier. I will give them a call tomorrow.
As good as this thing seems to run, I don't know if I need any performance improvements, yet. I'm sure it will eventually happen. Thanks for sharing the contact info.

Dec 7, 2009
EastCoast USA
Thanks Vince for joining our forum I hope more members will decide to build a stretch cruiser using the 4-stroke 50cc or if they want an extreme ride maybe they will even try the 110cc or better yet the 124cc full auto with electric/kick start...

TTL...

ECCMB.

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Welcome to the forum, Vince!
ECCMB, I searched through the link you sent me and what do you know, I found a wiring diagram that is different than the others that I have seen. It shows the rectifier being wired in a different way. This will be the test, if my replacements make it in this week.
Thanks again
usflg

Dec 7, 2009
EastCoast USA
TBoltusa, aka...Vince please post again in the Introduce Yourself thread...

We'd love to hear your story and let us know about your motorized bicycle projects!

Here's the Link: Introduce Yourself - Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum at Motorized Bicycle Forum

I'd hope more forum members here could learn more about what Vince has to offer the motorized bicycling community, Vince I've read your post's in another forum regarding the 50-110cc horizontal lifan 4-stroke motors...

ECCMB.

Last edited:

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
I wonder if Vince(TBolt) would market the 50cc ATV as a kit with a jackshaft and engine mounts for a bicycle... that would be sweet!!! :D

Will someone please build and sell some engine mounts and jackshaft for this 50cc ATV engine...
:(

Thanks...

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
wow, that's the coolest lookin' 4 stroke i've seen. i'm usually anti 4's, just because it looks like you're car broke down and you had to get your pressure washer to work somehow, but seriously, that looks good...

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Thank you! It really performs more like a motorcycle than a bicycle. You can pedal, but you don't have to. Hopefully, I can get some more work done this weekend and put up some new pics.

Dec 7, 2009
EastCoast USA
Civilized, how much does your motor weigh and what are the dimensions. My Lifan 110cc measures 18"X11"X11" L x W x H

and my motor weighs 35lbs with about 8-horsepower. My Lifan is semi-automatic so I do have a shifter on left side of the motor, gonna use one of those hardknock bobber suicide shifters, and on right side of my motor is a kick start which is handy in case the electric start gives out.

So it appears you've finally been able to contact Vince, with help for your wiring issue.

Civilized can you share some of your Micargi stretch build pic's on photobucket, so difficult to see some pic's loaded here in the forum.

BTW, congrats as far as we know you are the first to use a horizontal ATV/Pitbike motor on a stretch cruiser, wait till more members see your build and the power that ride has, surely this type of motorizing is sure to be a big success...especially on the stretch cruiser builds...

ECCMB.

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I'll take some better pics with a camera, rather than my phone, and upload them here after I get some more work done to it. If that doesn't work, I'll put them on photobucket or email them to you directly.

I would say that the dimensions of my engine are about the same as yours. I don't have a kick start(would like one).

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2009
EastCoast USA
Civilized,
I'm looking forward to seeing more or new pic's of your Micargi Mustang stretch cruiser, you might be able to add a kick start to your 50cc Gio engine.

What is the estimated horse power output for your 50cc, and did you order a simple wiring harness for lights and accessories. You might have enough room behind the seat down post for your battery. What size sprocket are you running 14/15/17 tooth & rear 36...? Did you add an extra motor mount on the top of the motor to your bikes top tube these motors need extra support due to the torque they produce you don't want it to twist your frame.

For the cost of these motors they can't be beat electric start wiring for lights and all for $199.00 and up. I'm a 2-stroke convert saved by 4-stroke mini motorcycle engines!

These really are mini-motorcycle engines borrowed from the old Honda Trail 70 bike & the Honda Mini Z-50 Trail bikes and yes I used to think I'm not using,
a power-washer/lawnmower 4-stroke engine their to ugly for me, these 50cc horizontal honda clone motors have just the right look when on the bike in my opinion.

ECCMB.

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
At the current time, I have the battery mounted between the pedals. I did order the simple wiring harness, but it isn't made for lights or accessories. It is only for the essentials, cdi, coil, and kill swith. All of my lights or "extras" will be wired to the battery. The engine has a 14t sprocket and I have a 56t gear on the wheel. The final drive sprocket will be changed this weekend. My jackshaft has a 14t from the engine and a 13t going to the 56t. This will be changed also. Way too much low end. This thing could climb a tree! I have not added a top mount for the engine. I want to test it a little before adding it. I did make a fairly strong engine lower mounting plate. I hope this will be enough. If not, I can always add it. I have no idea what the hp rating is, but I would think around 2.5-3. I'm gonna go back to gio and see if I can find that.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2009
EastCoast USA
Civlized,

Please do post some more pic's of your build, I was just checking on the horsepower your motor is rated at and according to Gio your 50cc 4 Stroke Engine for Mini ATV Fully Automatic Electric Start,

Model #GiO 50cc
MSRP: $299.95
Sale: $199.95

ENGINE:GiO 50cc 4_Stroke

* Displacement 50cc (Actual 49.5cc)
* Horsepower 3.5 HP
* Engine Type 4-stroke (OEM) (NO Oil and Gas mixing is required)
* Cooling System Forced Air cooled
* Transmission: CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission)
* Drive Chain
* Starter Electric
* Ignition CDI
* Top Speed 45-50 km/h on level terrain, depending on weight of rider and load.

Civ, can you also show some close up Pic's of the jack shaft & motor mounts you fabricated for your GiO 50cc, your frame is the Micargi Mustang yes/no ?

I'm thinking that I need to remove the two cantilever tubes for carburator clearance, as they don't really do much for frame structual strength on my greenline stretch cruiser.

Probably will use a 25 tooth chain ring for pedal crank, I'm corresponding with a chinese company to supply some stretch cruiser frames with rear suspension that will fit any horizontal style engine 50cc up to 125cc will send you an email with pic's of them. These bikes are totally different style frame not like rustyspokes rear suspension stretch cruiser.

Pic's attached are 1.Rustyspokes softcruise stretch cruiser 2.Greenline stretch cruiser

ECCMB.

Attachments

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Certainly! Sorry I haven't been able to yet. The wife kept me out shopping all day today(damn my feet hurt). I should be able to get some pics posted tomorrow. Remember this is all not finished, just kind of thrown together to see how it works. My bike is the Micargi Mustang. Thanks for posting the specs. I didn't see the horsepower rating when I looked the other day. I'm curious to find out the mpg comparison to the kit engines. I'm sure all of that power is going to have it's trade offs.