Is anyone building or selling a pre-built Board Track Replica Frame, tank & fork?

GoldenMotor.com

wildwestrider

Apr 17, 2009
Austin, Tejas
I'm wondering if anyone is building or selling a pre-built Board Track Racer Replica. I am looking for at least the main frame, front fork and the biggy,...the fuel tank. (I sent emails and left a phone message at Simpson motor bikes.....but...no response so far).

If not.....I will most likely purchase an Acetylene torch set up and build my own,...surprising number of instructional videos on youtube on frame building.

Brian in Austin

Laker

Dec 6, 2008
North Woods
The Worksman Newsboy is the closest thing I've seen to a board frame.They're based on Indian.If you do a search you'll find there is at least one company out there doing forks.

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
Mike is out riding his bike today. He will return your call when he gets a chance I am sure as that is the type of guy he is.

On a side note I am visiting in S. Austin myself and having a blast! Really MB friendly once you figure out how to stay off the main streets and work the backways, although there are alot of deadends in this town and some streets that change their names 3 times within as many blocks it seems.

smokey

May 16, 2008
I just wanted to know if there is a difference between a broad track replica and a cruiser with its handle bars tuned upside down?.duh.

manyguns

Mar 25, 2009
wisconsin
Actually I think there is a difference. On a board track replica, the seat is usually moved back towards the rear tire and lowered somewhat. The tank is made functional or a new one is made. Usually white tires are used and yes, of course, the handlebars are turned upside down. LOL
Tom

Clotho

May 25, 2008
I just wanted to know if there is a difference between a broad track replica and a cruiser with its handle bars tuned upside down?.duh.
It is a small thing but I have to admit that it bothers me too when I see it. I always want to tell the guy "your handlebars are upside down!"

It looks like supply might start to meet demand with Crazy Horse's Worksman thread etc. Maybe they will realize that there is a demand for some real boardtrack racer style handlebars too.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi Guys I just found this thread, I have been building BTR's for several years now, and NO I do not just flip over a set of bicycle handlebars and call it done. I have board track frameset that were built in a Motorcycle Frame Factory. I do not have pics of the finished Model 10's (which are nicer than the two bikes below!), but they are extremely nice! DOM steel tubing, 1/4 plate drop-outs, wide enuf in the rear for belt-drive, 4 1/4 inches actually,

Not Cheap, but extremely well-built, they will outlast their owners, steer tube and bottom brackets are .120 wall machined out to take bearing cups.

I have a few framesets in stock now.

Here are a couple pics of Model 08 Prototype (black Primer for now), and Model 09 Prototype (Red).

The Model 08 is just "slapped" together, the motormount is all caddy-whompus, and is scheduled to be redesigned and I will be changing it to a new articulated motormount, and a rear belt drive, and I will be "antiquing" a pale blue paint job, with the goal of the bike looking like it was dragged out of the barn (if any have experiance in this I would love to hear it!).

The Model 10 has more rake than the 09, but less than the 08.

Mike

Attachments