No Torque on a slope

GoldenMotor.com

Roda Power

Aug 27, 2009
Indonesia
First of all, I want to thank the forum to their suggestions and tips on how to install the gas kit.

I recently installed a Grubee 48cc. It took me probably 3 weeks to install the kit as I had problems with: engine mount, spocket and chain tensioner. Now the engine runs smoothly, but the bike have no torque.

When I release the clutch in a flat road I have not problem, but on a simply slope (slope of an handicapp ramp and even less) I need to "ride the clutch" or pedal to increase speed or the engine will die. At most, the bike will not move or do not have enought power to go up a simply hill. I tried to adjust the a C-clip/washer on the needle jet, but seems to be not working.

When I did not install the stock muffler, I did not have this problem with riding the clutch or slope problem.

By the way, if I continue on a flat road, I can reach a speed up to 28 mph.

Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks. .flg.

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
larger sprocket (or shifter kit), tuned pipe, and more engine displacement are solutions.

riding the clutch is not recommended cuz you'll fry it.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
It sounds like you have a typical installation. These would not be expected to go up a handicap ramp or really steep hill. Not without a running start anyway.

And no muffler may give more power but not for long.

TheE

Jun 26, 2009
Canada
I managed to get my 49cc up a pretty steep hill with barely any time to build up momentum. I had to gun the engine, and I think it was about ready to die when I reached the peak...but it worked. How many teeth on your sprocket?

Roda Power

Aug 27, 2009
Indonesia
I have all stock parts: stock/standard 410 chain with 9 hole rear and 44T sprocket. I need to build momentum in order to climb a hill.

I need to pedal to reach a certain momentum to go when I am in an incline.