newb needs throttle cable help

GoldenMotor.com

ggallin

Aug 20, 2009
wa.
got a slant head kit and cant get the throttle assembled. i know where to put the cable and the needle valve, i just dont know were and in wich order the two C clips go on to the end of the valve. anyone have pics of the assembly?. its a 49cc with an HL carb mounted directly to the head.

ggallin

Aug 20, 2009
wa.
what do you mean wounted strait to the head and what vavles you tlkin bout wiollis
yes, there is no intake manifold. the carb mounts to the head. as for the needle thing, its not a needle vavle like first thought but is needle shaped and has a few grooves machined into the shaft at one end for an E-clip and a C-clip/washer. i just want to know which one goes in wich groove

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Start at the second down from the top for the small clip that goes on the needle. Once you have that assembly in the slide, put the return spring over the cable, and put the larger "C" shaped holder over the needle. Attach the cable to the slide and let the spring hold the whole works together. Make sure you get the slide in the right way around, with the little cut away or "ramp" towards the idle adjustment screw.