My latest B&S bike

GoldenMotor.com

BigIrish

Jun 23, 2011
Houston, TX
I love the bike! I'm looking to do something similar.

Can you please tell me where you guys are getting the clip-on pulley for the rear belt drive??

Thanks

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I love the bike! I'm looking to do something similar.

Can you please tell me where you guys are getting the clip-on pulley for the rear belt drive??

Thanks
Hello BigIrish. The rear pulley is a modern Whizzer item. I got my last one from Fullerton Harley. Try ebay or just go online.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Bump... because that bike is just way too nice and I was looking for the crimping tool pics.
Yes, there are some old threads that deserve bumping up so the new folks can see them too. I'm still mightily impressed with msrfan's B&S builds and am contemplating a last or next to the last build a year from now (have other projects to finish first) using some left over stuff. A 51 Schwinn Hornet with cantilever frame, a copper in frame gas tank Tinsmith helped me make a couple of years ago, my last Suzuki K-10 fork with a big boy HF headlight to go with it and a five horse B&S I recently salvaged from an old snow blower. If I watch my pennies it shouldn't take a lot of money to put together (famous last words).

I still have my little booklet from msrfan to guide me. I have wanted to do a belt drive for a long time and haven't yet. This would be it.
SB

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I saw the post Silverbear you had put back #13 of this thread. The thing I remember about putting the pulley on the spokes that are not exactly the same as Whizzer, but I think amounts to the same thing is those clamps that go on the end of the throttle cable for lawn mowers. The cable is the steel spiral metal cover over a very stiff wire inside. The clamp at the carb end by the connection to the butterfly uses these clamps.

Some one mentioned before somewhere to get a bunch of these and you may have to grind a little on the flat side of the clamp or something, Then the rounded side of the clamp can be around the spoke. A bolt goes through and also sandwiches the clamp to the pulley. I'm not sure if this was what you were thinking of, but it is what I remember as next to the same as a Whizzer without buying it from them.

MT

Oh yea hip hip hurray, more Briggs Bikes!