Motor starts but I can't accelerate!!??

GoldenMotor.com

Mrfishy89

Feb 19, 2012
Orlando
Okay so I have a 26 inch Huffy. I bought the bike and it worked great after accelerating it a little... okay maybe a lot it's a 66cc. it stopped accelerating when using it.

Now only the bike starts but I can't accelerate... I don;t know what to do and I'm a newb... If you need me to provide a youtube video please let me know.. I appreciate the help!!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You need to start with determining if the throttle is working correctly. You didn't tell us which carburetor you have but you should be able to remove the air cleaner and look down the inlet of the carb, twist the throttle and see something moving. If you have the standard NT carburetor you should see a cylindrical part moving up as you twist the throttle.
Get back to us with your findings and a little more information and we'll be able to offer more help.
Tom

Last edited:

Mrfishy89

Feb 19, 2012
Orlando
Okay, another thing I can add is that when i turns on bike through clutch and accelerate it goes rum rum and then turns off after a little. So it won't accept acceleration. It's a two mix gas.

Edd

Jan 25, 2012
Cypress, TX
This was a rare occurrence, but it happened to me once. On the carb there's a metal bowl looking thing on the bottom. Take that off (some gas may spill out). Check to see if the jet is screwed in (the jet is the brass tube, it should be screwed into the carb body). On my bike, it fell off and was just sitting at the bottom of the bowl. My bike would idle, but had no power and as soon as I tried to accelerate, it would die. Now it runs great.