Carb Questions

GoldenMotor.com

Mercman

Dec 27, 2011
Central VT
Has anyone had any experience with the "racing carb" deal offered by BGF?
It comes with the remote choke and twist throttle/kill switch assembly. Made by Huaguang Technologies. Looks like a copy of a Delorto. Nicely made. The choke lever clamp bracket is a bit cheesy but seems to function OK. I haven't fired it up yet due to the weather. It has mulitple air/vent connections of which I plugged with the exception of the bowl vent. This is
on a 66/80 OCC Stingray application. Comments/experience? etc.???

recon chris

Apr 28, 2011
pacific grove
If it is CNS1 get anuther carb. look up "POS cns carb need NT?" and youll understand what im talking about. Get a speed carb, NT carb, or athentic Delorto carb.
PS. a bad sign is the choke leaver being up at the hande bars.

Mercman

Dec 27, 2011
Central VT
I'm new to this world of Chinese repro's ..........I'll check out your recomended posts. The carb that came with the bikeberry 80 kit is the same that sells for around $15 at many different sites. The package I just bought from BGF has the clamp on air filter, throttle assy. and a remote choke. Was like $44 + shpng. All my motorcycles have handle bar mounted chokes (Kawasaki's, Hondas, and Yamaha). I couldn't imagine not having them this way! I figured this new package would be an upgrade. Time always tells. Thanks for your replies.

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Some of us have managed to figure out the cns, mine is the cns2. I also have a bike with the nt, some may dissagree but the cns I have out performs the nt. It starts better and throttle response is much quicker.

Mercman

Dec 27, 2011
Central VT
Greg.........I'll take some some pics tomorrow to show the actual carb and the motor it's on. Seems like there are a lot of similar units out there. It would be nice if there were
pics out there to identify what is out there and their recommended initial tuning settings.
I don't know what a cns, cns1, cns2, nt looks like. I'm new to this game but really interested.
Thanks..........

Mercman

Dec 27, 2011
Central VT
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I have to take some time and let it sink in. The carb that came with BikeBerry kit is apparently a "ThatsDax" unit (crazy name) but I opted to go with the setup in the pictures below because I wanted a remote "choke/enrichner".
The little red caps close off what vents I think are not needed. I only kept the bowl vent overflow open. It is a balmy 16 degrees out here in Vermont and I have yet to run this set up. If anyone has built an OCC with his carb, what position did you end up the slide needle. I'm running a 48T sprocket. Thanks to all.

Attachments