side bike covers?

GoldenMotor.com

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
Instead of lexan i found flouresent light covers. Basicly same stuff except alot cheaper. The box idea wouldn't work for a 2 stroke lol. I might just cover it all up to give it a smooth look. Depends how bored i get lol

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I took my bike across town today to return the 1/2"copper pipe that was to big,i bought a 2ft 1/2"id blue air hose and hose clamp,the hose fits.
but it is still noisy,not sure if im going to use it or not.im not putting side panels on bike,my legs hide the engine anyway, i watched out for cops(in my town we have 1 cop car per street,city,statetroopers,sheriffs)if i see one i hit the off button and peddal,then turn it back on.but my peddal crankarms are falling off,i have a 3 piece set shoved in the 1 piece hole,but its not very tight.

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
Ya i was trying to quiet down my engine.. I don't think all the noise is coming from the exhaust. I think its the engine itself. Side covers with some type of insulater would actually dampen the engine noise... Sometime soon i'm attaching a longer pipe to the exhaust. It doesn't really quiet it but its a lower note.. Less noticable. Plus looks sweet lol

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i took my bike out again,its running ok,im doing about 20mph.
im not worried about cops or anything,when i ride i pretend im peddaling sometimes.the people in my town never seen anything like it before,exept when some guys put a weedwacker or chainsaw on there bike.the only people that can hear my bike is people walking,im not worried about them.
most drivers in there car think is a regular bike.the noise isnt just coming from the muffler,so i think it might come from the engine fins,clutch cover and intake,i will try to quiet these things down.
and i need peddals that fit around my engine.

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
Side Body Panels For A Bike?

Hi. Did anyone ever make plastic body panels for their bike? I remember seeing a bike where the guy used sheet metal and cut vents in it but no plastic. I had been looking at the florescent light panels as a possible material. Any one have any photos of a finished bike?