Anybody using one of these?

GoldenMotor.com

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Just junk at best performance wise but if your not interested in performance and u use want the look it'll be ok for cruising or putting around... if you're wanting to go fast you'll need a pipe more like this... http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORIZED-BICYCLE-BEST-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-RACING-EXHAUST-CHAMBER-/271952212120
This is a new one to hit the scene but it looks like a treatland pipe modded to fit these engines... the other really good ones for performance are the sbp pipe from sickbikeparts.com or the snake pipe from Arrow Racing. If you can weld, there are even better options like kx 65 or kx 80 pipes, the cr 80 pipe is another real performer as well.

May 9, 2013
Laguna Beach, Ca.
Thanks 'ziila. I hit 39mph WFO with a stock China girl muffler, NT carb and a 44 tooth sprocket. I don't really want to go any faster than that, I was just curious to see how that pipe compares to the stock CG muff.

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Wow 39 with a stock pipe is impressive... mine was doing 43 with a modded KTM pipe using the 44 tooth rear sprocket and stock nt carb. Straight pipes are underestimated tho... they can perform really well once the restriction is removed and they're cut to the right length to match the engine's power curve.
If your bike is already that quick and your not trying to make it any faster I don't think that pipe would make it any slower.
Good job on your engine build... 39mph on the 44 is about 9200 rpm on a 26"wheel, and about 8600 or so if it's a 29er. ..

May 9, 2013
Laguna Beach, Ca.
Yep, 39 is scary fast on a bicycle for these old bones. I'm usually cruising @ around 25-30 which is fine by me. I'm running a Dax F80 40mm stroke balanced bottom end with a RT (Puch clone) head, a SBP ufo air filter and a Magnecor plug wire. Otherwise, bone stock. Running Opti2 at 95-98ish:1. The bike is a 1998 Diamondback Voyager II with RockShox front suspension and 26" wheels. Lotsa fun!

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
My engine is very similar... Dax F80 bottom end, Fred head, Stock carb, stock ignition, and a home made pipe i made out of a KTM 50 pipe to fit. I also use Opti2 at 100:1.
I had that engine in an older Roadmaster MTB but cracked the frame so it's going into a Specialazed with dual suspension. I'm also keeping the Noleen Vector front end and transferring it to the new frame, it's a girder type front suspension with a single shock up by the head tube. It handles way better than the old front suspension and has a cool unique look to it, and since it's a girder with aluminum fork tubes it's super lightweight but also very strong.
I also did some mild porting on that engine but was surprised at how fast it was going when I checked the speed.