Anyone Every Order From Gasbike.net?

GoldenMotor.com

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
I bought a grubee skyhawk anglefire from gasbike shipping was slow 7-10 days but my kit was complete, took me like 4 days to build but it was my first in frame mounted motor.
Ive been trying and trying to write a review for this motor on there site but it wont let me,the parts ect were correct but in my opinion there service sucks
also they dident have the motor i wanted so they sent me a better one for the same cost plus shipping

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I've never gotten what I've ordered from Gasbike!

That is true, but, you need to know why. Just before Christmas, I found out about these bikes and bought a Black Stallion angle plug head engine for $99. When I received my engine, it was a black Grubee angle plug head engine. I noted that they are also considered very good engines (some say better) so I figured everything was good.

Next, I had some friends who wanted to get into motorbikes after seeing mine. We got together and ordered more Grubee engines (Black, angle-plug heads) during their "buy two and the third one is free" sale. We just averaged the cost out to each pay about $132 per engine, still a good price. When they appeared, they were natural silver engines, not black. Figuring that the color of the engine wasn't really an issue, we put them on bikes and are riding them today.

While it is true that I've never gotten what I ordered, I've never felt like I had ever gotten less than what I've ordered. I did send in some photos of the Andian for their site and received an email saying that it was a nice one, then never saw anything show up on their website. Not a biggie, since it didn't cost me anything.

I just ordered some parts from them last week. I guess the test will be when/how they show up.

DC1234

Jun 18, 2011
San Diego
As far as customer service goes, I've sent them a few emails over the last few weeks. They have not responded. I've been comparing a lot of different prices. Due to the fact that I live in California, I'd have to get the motor shipped to my parents', and then have them forward it to me in CA. Here is what I've learned about gasbikes.net while doing my research...

- The phone number is just a 3rd party answering service. When I called, it was supposedly during their "business hours", but just got the automated run-around.
- Gasbike.net and King's Bikes are the same thing.
- They appear to have a good selection. However, 90% of the items are out of stock, when you go to put the engine kit in your cart.
- The pricing on their website is inconsistent. The same kit has multiple prices, depending on how you access the page on their site.
- I went to the length of placing a few engine kits in my "cart", and the price jumped, from the advertised $139, to $199. It seemed like a form of bait and switch. Be careful of that.

In the end, I bought a B.G.F motor off of ebay. 80cc black. $135 + $35 shipping. They shipped it the same day I purchased, and it got to Indiana in less than 5 days.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
oh no oh no..... :(
I just ordered frm them. I guess I shouldnt get my hopes up. I hope my kit comes. Everyone else was out of stock!

I'll post if/when it does.

otheracco

Jul 19, 2010
Minnesota - Near Cities
I won't buy from them again. Even though they have "Same Day Shipping", it took them over 2.5 weeks to get mine out in the mail and I didn't get it until 1.5 weeks after that.

When I called to complain, the guy who answered sounded like he was about to fall asleep and didn't even give a crap.

They have virtually no customer support, almost everything is done through some generic answering service I think.

They apparently work only 2 hours a day, at least their 'tech support' does, however I have yet to get through.

I did not get what I ordered. They send you a bicycle chain instead of the 415 advertised on the details page of the kit.

Beware, Kings Motors are the same people. The same website, the same phone number. They're playing that old trick of 'if you own the competition, you win either way'.

GothTech

Apr 16, 2010
ga
gasbike.net is crap some one hackd my paypal account and lost 231.05 out of my bankaccount now iv lost that money and i feel like iv been screwd

ChainDriver

Jul 22, 2009
Long Beach MS
I bought a silver jet 60/80cc from them and they shipped me a grubbee skyhawk with the pos cns carb and they said i had to pay return shipping to exchange it so i didnt, come to find out the motor had two air leaks and killed itself after just 2 weeks, I tried multiple times to contact them with no success, lesson learned BUY FROM A REPUTABLE VENDOR!! that way if you do get a dud, at least you can return it!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yes, I bought a poo poo pipe from them. Showed as shipped the day I bought it but was only "electronic info received" while waiting I made my own custom exhaust. A month after I ordered I e-mailed and called them to cancel the order.

No response.

2 months after I ordered, the pipe arrived.

They are the worst company I have ever dealt with and I will not buy anything from them again.

homejones

Jul 4, 2011
Lostville
I purchased a few items from them. Order totaled about $50. Received a USPS tracking number very soon after placing order. The tracking number also only showed "electronic info received" on the USPS site. Low and behold package showed up within a day or so (they're local to me).

I want to think the tracking # issue is not their fault and simply a USPS issue. No complaints from me.

Bryson England

Apr 25, 2012
Mineralwells, WV
I made a 405 dollar order with these people and they "lost" my order. I got a fed ex number, but FedEx wasn't given my.packages. After contacting them,, they supposedly went to work trying to find out where my order is. Supposedly they are sending it out tomorrow priority mail. We'll see. I'll keep you folks updated about this issue.

Lightster361

Sep 6, 2011
Texas
I had good and bad if ya can get them on the phone or to answer an email i,s a crap shoot
admittedly they have a lot of stuff, had excellent serivce for Boy go fast. pistonstop. spookytooth has deals if ya watch carefully

Lightster361

Sep 6, 2011
Texas
I have good luck with them on parts can call and they actually answer the phone , Boy go fast is good too he has eBay as BGF and a site side from his store he backs up his stuff and is a little cheaper ships fast!

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
This is an old thread from 2008 but resurected it seems. Gasbikes. net is Kings motors too. They have two other sites as well cant remember the names of the other two.

Lightster361

Sep 6, 2011
Texas
It would be nice if they read this thread, might motivate them, if you know there partners tell us to avoid future problems ;)