just scored a honda cb200t for free !!!

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
yup thats right !! i got myself a honda cb200t for free !!!

the bike was my sisters learning bike about 15 years ago, back then i swapped the rear sprocket out from the stock one that was around 45t to a huge 60t sprocket so the bike would not go so fast when she was learning to ride. the bike drove just fine for years, after she learned to ride, i modded the bike into a make shift dirt bike so she could learn to trail ride.... this involved swapping the tires over to dirt bike tires and adding larger break rotors and a better rear suspention. she off roaded with it for a few years on the weekends for some time...

then the bike sat out side under a metal tin roof pannel, it sat for nearly 10 years.....

well i walked by it and took a look... it had roots comeing out the ground and into the frame !!! LOL trees were growing into it !!!

i hacked all the trees away and pulled the clutch in and rolled it out to the field. once out in the field i gave it a slow kick to see if she would turn over, and to my suprize she does !!! ... now i know this thing will not start nd even if it would i would not risk it with old gas and oil in the lines !

the thing is it a vintage bike and it turns over and has all the parts and the frame and body and motor are in good shape !

i know if i bring this to my lil shop i know for a fact that i can tear it down to nothing and start from scratch... hone and deck the cyclinder, new high comp pistons, port and polish, new valve job and valves, new midrange cam, mabey a set of larger carbs, and a new strait pipe dual exhaust .

of course would go through all the electronics too..

my idea is to rebuild it into a high prefomance mini motorcycle with pedals !!!! i will probably use the frame and motor and not mutch else LOL i want as little electronics as possable sort of a mini chopper bike street legal with a set of pedals for the heck of it. i will remove any and all things that are not nessary to lighten it up or mabey i will use a big strong beach cruiser bike frame and do a biuld off that

IDK but i know i want it to run again and its my new prodject !!

here are pics of the exact bike and some pics of what i might do with it !!!

it is a twin cylinder 200cc 5 speed !kick start and electric (may remove the electric start to reduce wieght and uncomplicate things)

Attachments

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
here are some ideas i have for the bike but i need to make room for a set of pedals LOL

realisticly this is what i am shooting for only with a set of pedals so i can kill it and go up on the sidwalk if i feel like it !

note ... these are all the same bike, honda cb200t

hnestly i am shooting for pic 1 with pedals

Attachments

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i think its decided ! the build will be a honda cb200t bassed cafe racer !

in the end it should look simplified and sleek. this is exactly what i have in mind allong with a lot of engine mods...

boy ohh boy am i over exited to get this one started !

Attachments

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
Err... not to get OFF TOPIC or anything, I think it's great you scored a great find and all but, is it gonna have pedals when you're done with it? The website is motorBICYCLING.com after all.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Err... not to get OFF TOPIC or anything, I think it's great you scored a great find and all but, is it gonna have pedals when you're done with it? The website is motorBICYCLING.com after all.
yes it will LOL i want to be able to kill the motor and pedal when i feel like it !

i am going to weld a bottom bracket on the frame somewhere and i will probably run the sprocket on the left side and have it free wheel off the drive chain, this will allow me to put it into nutral and pedal....but when in gear the chain drives the motor and the sprocket will free wheel.

i want to make an insanely powerfull cafe racer pedal bike and this could do it LOL

i have seeen a lot of folks doing 212cc preddy and 200cc honda and clone builds so a 200cc honda motor is not so big that its out of the question.... after all there are already a lot of 200 and 212cc builds out there, i am going to do it with a differant motor and frame thats all....

in the end it will look like a cafe racer bike build, sort of like the arrow bikes but with a larger 4 stroke instead.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i can tell you all now that it will have pedals !!! lol that is one of the main things i though tof when i saw it sitting there ! how easy would it be to weld a bottom bracket right bellow the v before the motor mount ! i sat on it and tested the foot position and it was ok for a set of pedals but i would need a real wide 3 piece crank to get it done, or just make my own

after sitting on the bike and having a good look at things this seems entirly possable and not to hard to adapt to pedal power

here is where it will go

Attachments

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
ohh feel free to move this to what ever section nessasary please i posted here by acsident , it should be in the board track racer section and vintage....

having the chainring right in the midle of the drive line, would make it able to be funtional when the motor is put into nuetral, but must free wheel when driven foward.

keep in mind this is a very small bike ! its about the size of my current beach cruiser !!!! its actually smaller than my 29er !!!!!
the motor is about 7in wide where i need the pedals to be, soo i may just make my own bottom bracket tube and run a hardend shaft though it to mount the pedals to

any way the drive side on the left would look like this...

Attachments

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i have been thinking for a long wile now what the most powerfull engine i could fit in a frame and still call it a pedal bike would be.... i dabbled with the thought of useing a 212 predy a lot, but the cost of the CVT and all the upgrades to get any real power from it was just too mutch, not to metion all the super expencive upgraded heavy dutie bycicle parts need to withstand the power of it...i even went around looking for 125cc kart motors !!! then this idea came along like it was meant to be !!!!

a twin cylinder 200cc motorbycicle !!! of course its only going to have 1 human powered speed and the pedals will work but they are going to be more for show than anything, that being said i still want it geared right so i can move the wieght of the bike realitivly comfortabley.

i am pretty much slapping a set of pedals on a limmited use motorcycle and calling it a bike LOL

Last edited:

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I'm not sure whether to encourage you or not.

I like your ideas, but I also like the idea of restoring that bike to a stock condition.

Oh well, that's not my call anyway. Good find and have fun with it.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
This is from a Japanese custom building company, I rather like it, but it's not compulsory for everybody.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
It's your bike, do what you will.

Me, I'd spit shine that sucker and register it as is. It's a classic style.

With pedals it'll look like a Monty Python bike.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Looks like a fun project and sure beats letting it rust away neglected. Shouldn't cost a fortune, either, unless you go crazy with engine mods. I would think stock with five speeds would be plenty good enough for a great ride. Of course when you get done your sister might want her bike back...
SB

Last edited: