Another Bike to Scooter Conversion -full suspension with fairing-

GoldenMotor.com

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
I received another donor bike and decided to throw on my 'sitting in a box' dax fricition drive 1.25" unit w/tanaka tc-47cc engine. This thing rips and the rear suspension is remarkably effective for a cheapo URT design. I added the front ATV fairing I had laying around & voila, instant fun for the winter.
My daughter took it out today for a spin while I followed her riding 'The Beast'. We had great fun at the expense of our neighbors having to hear two dualling 2 strokes ripping by.
Cheers,
-Lowracer-

Attachments

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
maniac57,
I dont think the small wheels make it twitchy. It handles real good low or high speed.
I think the lower center of gravity might improve handling?
-Lowracer-

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Hey LR, been awhile! Cool Scoot! I assume there are some brakes in there somewhere?! Whats it top out @? You and I seem to run in a similar parallel universe when it comes to wheeled things. Ive been into scoots of a sort for a while. If you really like to mod stuff its a whole new world. Being closer to the road with your feet flat on the floor so to speak is a whole lot of fun!

Attachments

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
CB2,
Cool scoot you got there!
My little guy has a rear band brake and since its also a friction driver, it slows down pretty well. I have built 4 of these scoots now, 3 of them sold to people I work with.
I'm currently working on a DIY recumbent bike that is finished as a pedal only bike, but I just ordered a 5:1 transmission to add engine with a shift kit thru 8 speed cassette. Should be interesting to say the least.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=51343&page=3
-Low-

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
d gizz, Thanks...The fairing did a wonderful job at keeping the freezing cold off about a week ago. I was thinking of adding a piece or two of coroplast or other type plastic extending down from the center of this fairing to also cover the legs and feet.
-Low-