Worksman M2600 or 1952 Road Master Frame for BTR Tribute?

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Ok I decided to sketch something up quick . Very simple mount. You will need a reciprocating saw with a good metal cutting blade . And good drill with a one inch hole saw .They can be picked up at any hardware store. I would use 1/8 inch steel for the plate. The mount will squeeze the frame like a vise.

Have someone hold the engine in the frame wear you want the engine to sit. Hold a straight edge across the bottom of the engine and transfer the marks to the frame.
measure between the marks from the inside of the frame and this becomes your measurement for -A.

Last edited:

KeithSeymour

Sep 23, 2013
Northern Virginia
Ok I decided to sketch something up quick . Very simple mount. You will need a reciprocating saw with a good metal cutting blade . And good drill with a one inch hole saw .They can be picked up at any hardware store. I would use 1/8 inch steel for the plate. The mount will squeeze the frame like a vise.

Have someone hold the engine in the frame wear you want the engine to sit. Hold a straight edge across the bottom of the engine and transfer the marks to the frame.
measure between the marks from the inside of the frame and this becomes your measurement for -A.

Makes sense to me! Thanks for taking the time to sketch this up. I have a 25% HF coupon waiting to be used. =)

Do you think I could use the stock gas tank while I save up for an inframe tank? I'm guessing not with the 2 stroke carb you recommended

Also, what would you recommend for an exhaust?

Thanks again for all of your help!

Keith

KeithSeymour

Sep 23, 2013
Northern Virginia
IF you were leaning toward the workmen and willing to part with your extra hubs
I'll weld your drop loop and motor mount.
here's the one I did for mine.

and a link to the build
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=45973
Hmmm…Sounds tempting but I'm thinking it would at least be an additional $100 for shipping the frame both ways which wouldn't be cost effective for me. If you were local, things would be different. Love your build. Thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass.