Top end problems (pleasehelp)

GoldenMotor.com

NineFive_163

Nov 3, 2013
Los Angeles
So today I took apart the throttle cable out an lean the E clip to the lowest setting side closest to the needle end. Because when I get going fast the motor bogs down then picks back up **over&over** hoping this would help but still the same
Motor is a 80/66cc stock only thing done was port an polished the intake&exhaust runners in the cylinder an gasket matched the outsides

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Sounds like a fuel flow restriction which could be cause by vacuum locking from an improperly vented cap. Try loosening your gas cap when it starts bogging.
If this does not help, check to see if you have good fuel flow from your fuel valve. It might be restricted internally or improperly assembled.
Also check float level and be sure the needle and seat are not obstructed.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Noticedyou said that you moved E-clip down to lowest setting closest to needles end, just wanted to mention that you have needle set at its richest setting if it is at lowestpoint on needle and you should actually raise the clip to the second from top notch for what most of us find to bethe optimal setting for the NT carbs.
Also once you slove the surge issue you mentioned, I would recommend that you jet the carb downby installing a smaller main jet, I haveyet tosee one of these engines that run right until the main jet is either replaced with a smaller one or the original is slodered and redrilled to a smaller size with a wire gauge drill bit size #72 or #73 is what has worked best withthe NT carbs I've run.

Best wishes in getting the engine purring just right.

Map reddd

NineFive_163

Nov 3, 2013
Los Angeles
Yea I have it on the last notch I'll move it up one an see how that does an look it rejeting it where can I purchase the smaller jet? Also forgot to mention I'm running the stock carb not sure if that's a NT

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
still sounds like there may be confusion here - clip lets some of the needle hang down into carb - setting clip to where more needle hangs down leans the mixture

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
if it is at lowestpoint on needle and you should actually raise the clip to the second from top notch for what most of us find to bethe optimal setting for the NT carbs.
Also once you slove the surge issue you mentioned, I would recommend that you jet the carb downby installing a smaller main jet, I haveyet tosee one of these engines that run right until the main jet is either replaced with a smaller one or the original is slodered and redrilled to a smaller size with a wire gauge drill bit size #72 or #73 is what has worked best withthe NT carbs I've run.
Yup middle clip position and ya gotta drill a 1/16 hole or smaller right in the middle of the top of the gas cap and jet down if it gurgles and dosn't give you a smooth W.O.T. jet down she drowning. That's been my experience.

NineFive_163

Nov 3, 2013
Los Angeles
if it is at lowestpoint on needle and you should actually raise the clip to the second from top notch for what most of us find to bethe optimal setting for the NT carbs.
Yup middle clip position and ya gotta drill a 1/16 hole or smaller right in the middle of the top of the gas cap and jet down if it gurgles and dosn't give you a smooth W.O.T. jet down she drowning. That's been my experience.

Changed the pin setting an drilled the 1/16 hole on the gas cap an that has fixed all my bugs thanks a lot everyone xct2