found a goped in the trash today!

GoldenMotor.com

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Well I was on my way to school today, riding a normal bike, when a pile of old crap waiting to get picked up for garbage catches my eye. I am a general tinkerer / thrift store / estate sale etc shopper so this kind of thing interests me. I couldnt believe it when I saw this yellow, dusty, but totally complete goped lying with the stuff to be picked up. I had no lock so I had to ride my bike while pushing it alongside - ghost riding i think its called - anyway I was 4 minutes late for class because the damn thing was so awkward to pedal with. But well worth a tardy mark in my opinion. Anyway I was doing a little research in math class and this is what the specs are:
Model: Viza venom
MSRP: $795 (in 2002 ish I think)
33cc
chain drive
centrifugal clutch
band brake + caliper brake
9" air tires
!!!!!
Im so excited! Went through it this evening after doing my homework and had to fix the handlebar folding mechanism because it was rusted solid - but its good now. No pics at the moment but here is one from the internet:

and information sheet: http://www.scootersports.com/viza.htm
Im just need to drain out the stale gas and put in new and it should hopefully be good to go. Anybody had any experience with these? -Ethan laff

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
got it running - all it needed was fresh gas. Second pull started right up. Nice and quiet - good idle - lots of torque and pulls up sf's hill no problem! Fun. Cant decide if I will keep it or sell it.